Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(22 January 2013, 17:49)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Icy road running in boots, trousers, and vest.

ever heard of hypothermia ??Big Grin
(22 January 2013, 17:49)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Icy road running in boots, trousers, and vest. Only 1km at a time, but every bit counts. Also, the cold weather conditioning really helps reduce your gasp reaction when you enter cold water, which could save your life if your car goes off the road and into a river. It's that gasp reaction that leads to so many deaths of people in cold water.

I am aware of this first hand, two years ago in February, I was driving a van that hit snow on a bend, it took a tight right turn, went over a ten foot sea wall, rolled three times and ended up in 5 feet of sea water,.. thankfully the tide was out.

....but it was boodly cold, and that first cold shock, after driving with the heater on for half an hour is certainly a wake up call

Thankfully I had my belt on, and wasnt hurt, just freezing cold,... the first vehical that came by I hitched a lift,.... it was an ambulance,...Big Grin
Reorganized and moved preps around, need to redo 2 bob and asses what I need to do/buy next
Made more bacon, Made 16 pints of beef and chicken stock put it into sealable bags and froze it.
I have just got myself a 30w solar panel,...
collected a couple of Christmas biscuit tins from friends for small faraday cages
and, purchased a pistol crossbow and 30 bolts, to accompany its big brother.. Smile
Finaly got a bike rack, stuck panner bags on and went shopping. Weird cycling with the extra weight on the back, need more practise then im going to try it with my trailer
Did not have time this week to go and redo my stores , been running the grandkids to school, shopping for people....4 trees down on my ground , so sorting that out monday , tree down in drive cut logged split and stacked that bugger...more tins,rice.pasta,honey . I have no choice now i have to reorganize my preps before i can move forward ....its out of hand
not much but picked up a 2 ring stove with grill (as part of another tent and stuff deal) also picked up a propane regulator and a 6 Kg Propane cylinder - best thing about it the shop forgot to charge for the cylinder hire (didn't notice until later and as it's a big chain I'm not worrying about it either).

so I've got a system for car camping with the family but also an emergency cooking setup that can run on both butane and propane and have regulators for both types of gas cylinders
Found a bigger house to rent Big Grin
(28 January 2013, 14:30)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Found a bigger house to rent Big Grin

thought you were staying put!!Big Grin