Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(28 January 2013, 14:35)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(28 January 2013, 14:30)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Found a bigger house to rent Big Grin

thought you were staying put!!Big Grin

We were, but managed to haggle with the owner and get the rent down to £950 a month. Only £100 cheaper, but that covers 2/3rd of the council tax. Couldnt turn it down at that price!
(28 January 2013, 14:40)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(28 January 2013, 14:35)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(28 January 2013, 14:30)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Found a bigger house to rent Big Grin

thought you were staying put!!Big Grin

We were, but managed to haggle with the owner and get the rent down to £950 a month. Only £100 cheaper, but that covers 2/3rd of the council tax. Couldnt turn it down at that price!

£25 per week? pocket money...what will it cost you to move? i suppose that depends if you rent furnished or unfurnished. i may be blase but i dont think i'd put up with the hassle of moving for a paltry £25 PWBig Grin
(28 January 2013, 14:49)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]£25 per week? pocket money...what will it cost you to move? i suppose that depends if you rent furnished or unfurnished. i may be blase but i dont think i'd put up with the hassle of moving for a paltry £25 PWBig Grin

Nooo, the house is more expensive than the one we have now. Just knocked the new land lord £100 a month. Place is unfurnished, but I have a house full of stuff, so not a problem.

Not sure how much it'll cost to move. As usual, I'll be lugging everything about myself. Might hire a man & van combo.
(28 January 2013, 15:06)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Nooo, the house is more expensive than the one we have now. Just knocked the new land lord £100 a month. Place is unfurnished, but I have a house full of stuff, so not a problem.

Not sure how much it'll cost to move. As usual, I'll be lugging everything about myself. Might hire a man & van combo.

i know what a hassle it was moving from Glastonbury to here, they did it over 2 days and it cost me about £1,000! we are only moving from here if we win the lottery and i can buy a place out in the middle of nowhere!
(28 January 2013, 15:09)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(28 January 2013, 15:06)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Nooo, the house is more expensive than the one we have now. Just knocked the new land lord £100 a month. Place is unfurnished, but I have a house full of stuff, so not a problem.

i know what a hassle it was moving from Glastonbury to here, they did it over 2 days and it cost me about £1,000! we are only moving from here if we win the lottery and i can buy a place out in the middle of nowhere!

This will be the 10th move in 5 years for me & the missus.

I'm a seasoned expert at moving with minimal hassle. Dump everything in bin bags, chuck it in the car. Chuck it out the car and into the new house, let the woman take care of the rest whilst I "investigate" the local public houses.
even moving from my old bedsit into a council flat back in 91 was a pain, i had all my tools, then there was all my clothes(all!i didnt have that much)in loads of bin bags, my fridge and my TV were stored at my mates girlfriends place( trouble with my landlord-long story) and the motorbikes were in a rented garage, it all had to be moved!

i moved from a rented bedsit to an unfurnished council flat...ended up sleeping on the floor until i could scrounge some furniture!Big Grin
(28 January 2013, 15:15)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]i moved from a rented bedsit to an unfurnished council flat...ended up sleeping on the floor until i could scrounge some furniture!Big Grin

That's one problem. Me & the missus broke the bed a few months back, being a prepper I fixed it with lots of ducttape. So much that it's going to be difficult to take it apart without breaking it again. Might be sleeping on the mattress on the floor for a couple of days until I can get a new one delivered.

I've got a loft FULL of stuff too, and the loft in the new place isn't accessible at the moment, so not sure where that's going to live. I could car boot it, but it's annoying lugging it ALL there, then having to bring half of it back later on!
(28 January 2013, 15:21)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]That's one problem. Me & the missus broke the bed a few months back, being a prepper I fixed it with lots of ducttape. So much that it's going to be difficult to take it apart without breaking it again. Might be sleeping on the mattress on the floor for a couple of days until I can get a new one delivered.

I've got a loft FULL of stuff too, and the loft in the new place isn't accessible at the moment, so not sure where that's going to live. I could car boot it, but it's annoying lugging it ALL there, then having to bring half of it back later on!
being a gentleman i wont enquire how you managed to break the bed!Tongue there should be plenty of places in S#######ton where you can buy furniture?
(28 January 2013, 15:24)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(28 January 2013, 15:21)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]That's one problem. Me & the missus broke the bed a few months back, being a prepper I fixed it with lots of ducttape. So much that it's going to be difficult to take it apart without breaking it again. Might be sleeping on the mattress on the floor for a couple of days until I can get a new one delivered.

being a gentleman i wont enquire how you managed to break the bed!Tongue there should be plenty of places in S#######ton where you can buy furniture?

Big Grin

Yeah, loads. Couple of places just round the corner actually. I was checking out the new master bedroom again, has a big bay window - I'm going to have a 270 degree field of fire Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Although this could get me in trouble with the C of E school 25 yards down the road
(28 January 2013, 15:27)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]being a gentleman i wont enquire how you managed to break the bed!Tongue there should be plenty of places in S#######ton where you can buy furniture?

Big Grin

Yeah, loads. Couple of places just round the corner actually. I was checking out the new master bedroom again, has a big bay window - I'm going to have a 270 degree field of fire Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin

Although this could get me in trouble with the C of E school 25 yards down the road
[/quote]
dont let them see your rifle or bow then, "grey man" rulesBig Grin