Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I always think about that white British family from London who went on a housing waiting list when their first child was born, the council told them they were 90th on the list for a family home, 17 years later and three children later they were still in the same 2 bedroom flat and they were now 240th on the waiting list because LABOUR kept giving the available home to immigrant families.
Going to a farm/country auction to day. Looking from hand and non electrical tools. Will let you know if i get anything.
Today I've purchased me a dutch oven cooking pot thing! It's awesome and bloody heavy!

(28 January 2013, 16:42)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]im white,not on drink or drugs and I dont have kids so I wont get sorted anytime soon

Mate, you're screwed. No way the government will help you out.

It's total BS that we can't be human in our own country.

Have you tried faking it, pretending you're Latvian or something?
Today I purchased a good wind up radio,... just so I can sit by candle light and listen to the governments advice on what I should do,...
(29 January 2013, 19:38)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Today I purchased a good wind up radio,... just so I can sit by candle light and listen to the governments advice on what I should do,...

I'll tell you what you should do...PAY MORE TAXES, AND RELINQUISH YOUR FREEDOMS, IN EXCHANGE WE'LL CUT YOUR BENEFITS, PENSION, AND STANDARD OF LIVING!!! DAMN YOU, STUPID HUMAN, VOTE FOR ME!!!!

Sorry Highlander, that came as a surprise to me too. haha
(29 January 2013, 19:45)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(29 January 2013, 19:38)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]Today I purchased a good wind up radio,... just so I can sit by candle light and listen to the governments advice on what I should do,...

I'll tell you what you should do...PAY MORE TAXES, AND RELINQUISH YOUR FREEDOMS, IN EXCHANGE WE'LL CUT YOUR BENEFITS, PENSION, AND STANDARD OF LIVING!!! DAMN YOU, STUPID HUMAN, VOTE FOR ME!!!!

Sorry Highlander, that came as a surprise to me too. haha

I an`t never turning that radio on ever again... scared me to death....Sad
Good day at the auction picked up 3 hand saws (crosscut, rip and a panel saw) for £5 the lot. The best one a brand new husqvarna 15 inch petrol chainsaw £50. Butter paddles 50 pence. HD galvanised feeder and galvanised drinker for a tenner. All in all a good day.
Just ordered the Ball Blue Book of canning.
(29 January 2013, 21:50)uks Wrote: [ -> ]Good day at the auction picked up 3 hand saws (crosscut, rip and a panel saw) for £5 the lot. The best one a brand new husqvarna 15 inch petrol chainsaw £50. Butter paddles 50 pence. HD galvanised feeder and galvanised drinker for a tenner. All in all a good day.

good find UKS, i'll be going to some markets and car boots when they start again in the spring, had some interesting stuff last year.
(30 January 2013, 10:21)uks Wrote: [ -> ]Just ordered the Ball Blue Book of canning.

I've got a PDF of that somewhere in my files.

That reminds me, need to go through an index the thousands of PDFs I have, and get printing.

My AAA battery casing for the UV-5R FINALLY arrived yesterday (ordered in November!!). Handy little thing. I now have the normal 1600mah battery, a 3200mah battery and the AAA casing as power sources.

Borax should be here any day so I can make my own washing liquid.

Having sold all my sleeping bags I bought myself a US GI Modular Sleep System. Seems pretty good, as long as I don't get any fatter - I won't be able to zip it up otherwise