Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(30 January 2013, 17:01)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]On either CT or one of the other Radio forums some of the chaps were warning about counterfeit Nagoya antenna that were very similar to the real thing, but were poor copies that could damage your handset so please be careful. I look forward to seeing your business expand.

Aye, I've heard of the knock-off ones. Unfortunately there's no way of knowing until you have it in your hands though. Only one way to find out though! If it goes pop then they're cheap enough to replace and stick to the stock aerial. I need to order a couple more of the standard UV-5Rs really, or the 3R now I have programming abillity
Cut and cleared tree,s that fell in the high winds.....been using my new hydrator ....real good very pleased...ordering slingshot and 36 cal balls... can,t decide what area to reorg my preps...needs more thought ...starting to move greenhouse to the front, for more sunlight...bought seed patatoes...there will be lots to do in the garden...going to get mega busy,got loads to do this year ...jacks going to give me a hand,he,s only two but sharp as a razor and a real cool dude ...my sidekick !
Packing stuff in prep for the big move this weekend. Not much fun. Plus the mother-out-law is here to "help" apparently. Not sure how sitting on your fat arse moaning is helping though.
Turn her into dog food?
(31 January 2013, 10:52)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]Turn her into dog food?

The dog has standards! Tongue
Carnt argue with that
Odd prep, more of a search and rescue style thing.

Purchased a load of 4 for £1.00 chocolate bars. In an emergency, they'll be a morale booster, a nice treat, and a great way to stop people panicking (seriously, when there's a situation and you ask someone "What's best, a Mars bar or a KitKat Chunky?" you'd be amazed their reaction. So far it'll 100% effective at distracting a person from the situation and allowing them something sweet to stop, or lessen, the shakes and hold them back from passing out).

When I say a load, I mean.....about 40 bars or more.
ordered 2 "powerful wrist support Catapults", similar to the Barnett type but one quarter the price! ok got to wait probably 10-12 days for them to come from Hong Kong but its not like i need them yesterday!!Big GrinBig Grin
Ordered a gill net to try out on a quiet stretch of river not too far from me. Hoping to get out and test it next weekend, if the missus lets me out to play.

Oh, my maya wood arrived the other day too, again, no time to test it yet. Split the bundle and put a few bits in various bags I have. Might take the crusader out tonight when walking the dog and stop for a brew, see how the wood fares.
Borax arrived today, along with my pureeasy ceramic filter bottle Big Grin