Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(3 February 2013, 13:40)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]
(30 January 2013, 17:06)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(30 January 2013, 17:01)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]On either CT or one of the other Radio forums some of the chaps were warning about counterfeit Nagoya antenna that were very similar to the real thing, but were poor copies that could damage your handset so please be careful. I look forward to seeing your business expand.

Only one way to find out though! If it goes pop then they're cheap enough to replace and stick to the stock aerial.

BM, It isn't your cheap knock off antenna that goes pop it is your prized UV5R that will be rendered useless.

I dont think so SD, an antenna is just something that sends out a radio wave,... for a base station your comments might be right as a bad antenna would create a bad `Standing wave ratio`,.. and that could do damage,.... but I dont think it would make a great deal of difference to a hand held, it simply wouldnt work as well as you might have expected it to

Although I would be interested to hear an experts view on this, as I may need to stand corrected
(3 February 2013, 12:22)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Hey buggerlugs why are you and H not doing something useful with your skills in the summer like running educational prepper summer camps for kids ? Smile

Haha, who'd be daft enough to give me their kids for the summer!? Speaking of which have you had any luck finding one for your brood this year?
(3 February 2013, 19:45)preservefreak Wrote: [ -> ]
(3 February 2013, 12:22)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Hey buggerlugs why are you and H not doing something useful with your skills in the summer like running educational prepper summer camps for kids ? Smile

Haha, who'd be daft enough to give me their kids for the summer!? Speaking of which have you had any luck finding one for your brood this year?

OH yes a beaut of a camp, 7 days n nights for him studying technology near Rutland early August, and all three of us are gonna do some training and prepping just outside Weymouth mid August.
He actually got offered two week free in northern Spain at an international camp but we could not get him safely to the place in an affordable manner, it was a 5 hour drive north from Madrid. but hey ho hopefully by the end of Aug all three of us will have more skills and more close contacts with south coast stealth preppers Smile, Thank christ for Premier Inns it makes the costs bearable.
Sounds great, I hope he has a educational time Smile
(3 February 2013, 13:40)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]BM, It isn't your cheap knock off antenna that goes pop it is your prized UV5R that will be rendered useless.

Aye, I was talking about the radio. They're only £30ish a pop now. I wouldn't be overly happy if it stopped working, but it's not the end of the world. I need to get a spare or two really.
Got some money for my birthday, so I've finally ordered myself a gun safe! It was on offer too, bargain Big Grin
Getting mine when we move house....on the 20th!!!!!
Ordered an 80 watt solar panel kit of E bay for £117 including cables and voltage regulator, just need USB / Fag lighter and deep cycle battery for it to have a system, hop to charge multiple phones, laptops and light from it now and use it for mainly domestic light and charging radios batteries after TSHTF, As the kit comes I can sdd another 40 watt panel to it without having to buy a bigger charge controller so its expanable at least. This still leaves me at least five years behind Wet & Cold in the prepping stakes.

Shopping around for more 28 or 30 inch black stalker arrows.
gonna come offline in a mo and fit out my "slingbow" with the cheap catapults i bought, 2 arrived so far, 2 more to come!Big Grin
Just a small order from HH today. Pocket organiser thing, to make EDC less hassle to move around. Changing everything out of one pair of trousers and into another has really started to bore me. New EDC pouch thing will be helpful.

Contents:
Pen Torch (Stylus)
2 Knives (will be 3 or 4 when Beardy gets his ultra-slim's in!!!)
2 Normal Pens
Headphones
Notepad
Cash
ID
Keys

Will try and fit multi-tool in, but not sure it will work out.