Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(14 February 2013, 16:40)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]It's really not that great quality of fur. I thought about making a furry wallet, but they secrete an irritant from their skin as a defence mechanism.

Well I didn't know that! Lucky she said no then, or I'd be sporting not only a wonderful hat, but possibly a swollen, distorted noggin too.
Nice one sythe, always good to have a new addition to the family
Well, been 'baying recently.

3 snares, big ones
Decent ear plugs and ballistic glasses for practical shotgun
hand made take-down tomahawk
2 mora's
celox gauzes
steri-strips
Any pictures of your hawk beardy?
thats a snare and a half, any particular reason you got that instead of the normal ones?
Been out on the ground, moved greenhouse to front (more sun ) reglazed it, 2 new composters now full, refurbed other greenhouse ( new floors in both ) new shelves and staging to both, raised beds next ( friday ) bought grow bags and potting compost, seed trays ,pots....tins ..rice , seed patatoes....GOING BIG ...on garden this year...dehydrator is in none stop use , stripped down and cleaned rotovator ready for action , polytunnel next week major asault, get the f,,k out my way......i,m on a mission
Bracken bought us a solar shower,.. it cost less than a fiver of Ebay,.. all it is made of is a plastic bag and bout 2ft x 1ft, black on one side and clear on the other, it has a pipe and shower nozzle [with tap ] and a cord to hang it up,.... what you do is fill it up and hang it in the sun to warm the water,.. then shower

I guess to a few it might seem a daft thing to buy, but keeping clean is an important part of any survival, and shouldn't be overlooked,.. even if you are in a house with no main power it will be very handy
(14 February 2013, 23:38)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]I guess to a few it might seem a daft thing to buy, but keeping clean is an important part of any survival, and shouldn't be overlooked

I said, a while back, that a hot shower style service would be an awesome barter. People would pay to be able to have a hot shower, no doubt about it. To warm the water up more, ass a small mirroered area behind the bag to heat the back of it.
How warm do the showers get?
(15 February 2013, 00:36)Metroyeti Wrote: [ -> ]How warm do the showers get?

That depends entirely on the intensity of the sun, time in the sun, amount of reflected solar gain, and things like that. Not sure, but I reckon there's a limit to the heat one could hold. Think of it like a rock sat in the sun. On a hot day....it gets very hot!

Works just as well if you get a black metal barrel (or a metal barrel and paint it black) then add water and let the sun heat it up. Reflect heat onto the North side of the barrel as well, to make the most from solar gain, while preferably having it encased in glass (for the winter months) and you're diamond!

It'll be a larger version of a water heating solar panel.