Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Went fishing again, actualy caught something today, anglers make it look easy. Definatly need more practise.
Looked for a small scale wind turbine manufacturer on the NW coast of Scotland, so far without success ( AL is a hard task master)
Brief 1 hour meeting with a chap from Teesside about prepping in a town house ( more homework for me to do)
Ordered some 11mm Dovetail to Picatinny rail adaptor.
a few more tins and packets for the stores

and finally got the rice into bottles with homemade oxygen absorber

slow going at the moment due to cash flow issues
(24 February 2013, 20:43)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Looked for a small scale wind turbine manufacturer on the NW coast of Scotland, so far without success ( AL is a hard task master)
Brief 1 hour meeting with a chap from Teesside about prepping in a town house ( more homework for me to do)
Ordered some 11mm Dovetail to Picatinny rail adaptor.

Have you tried checking out http://www.windsave.com?
Thanks Mary, I've seen many of these already today on other search systems like Yes 2 wind, I used to be a consultant on many large scale wind farms for the big 6, and I remember a small company i think was on the isle of Skye that did a particular very natty small turbine, but for the life of me I cannot remember the companies name.
I quite fancy a little wind turbine. Not sure I can persuade OH - but aren't they quite expensive?

By the way, what's with the wart hog?
Turbines depend on really what you want them to do, they can be DIY made very cheaply for tens of pounds, or you can get marine and road sign powering types for a few hundred, B & Q did a complete DIY kit for about £1500.

There is a superb book on making your own 12 volt system from wind and solar systems, I've lent mine to Highlander, perhaps when he is finished he could forward it to you??.

Ref Warthogs, I got a not very nice PM from a person who said i looked like one, and I was an evil intolerant not very nice person etc etc, and other uncomplimentary comments, I dont reply to them just click the ignore button as per SD's instructions not to start arguments on the forum, but I play with Avators and Sigs as an outlet.

Oops just remembered that book is mainly Solar not wind, my humble appologies, but FYI
Do it yourself 12volt solar power by Michel Daniek
(24 February 2013, 21:51)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]There is a superb book on making your own 12 volt system from wind and solar systems, I've lent mine to Highlander, perhaps when he is finished he could forward it to you??.

i hate to say this NR,.. but it wasn't me that you lent it to,... you did send me the book `When all hell breaks loose` by Cody Lundin
(24 February 2013, 21:58)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]
(24 February 2013, 21:51)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]There is a superb book on making your own 12 volt system from wind and solar systems, I've lent mine to Highlander, perhaps when he is finished he could forward it to you??.

i hate to say this NR,.. but it wasn't me that you lent it to,... you did send me the book `When all hell breaks loose` by Cody Lundin

Shit sorry, it prolly went to crazy Andy got its all going wrong tonight. I blame Mary for making me think during a migraine Smile
(24 February 2013, 21:59)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(24 February 2013, 21:58)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]

Shit sorry, it prolly went to crazy Andy got its all going wrong tonight. I blame Mary for making me think during a migraine Smile

Warthogs rule!