Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Been "stockpiling" recently in view of not having a job. Well, I got a job (same office, but new organisation AND I hobbled the fuckers for a pay rise) so now I'm going to concentrate on food again rather than sharp pointy things Smile

Maybe some chickens, depends if the dog will try to eat them or not...
ive managed to find a great little book today, my OH bought me it from a second hand shop for £2
it fits perfectly in my pocket and comes with full descriptions of plants in England and europe that have health properties.
considering the one I was going to buy was over £30 and a big hardback thing. this little one that fits in my pocket permanently is a lot better and a lot cheaper.
its even got excellent pictures of each plant including the individual parts.

Herbs and healing plants of Britain and Europe by Dieter Podlech (Collins nature guide)

for once it was actually worth the walk into town lol
(4 April 2013, 16:06)Luci_ferson Wrote: [ -> ]ive managed to find a great little book today, my OH bought me it from a second hand shop for £2
it fits perfectly in my pocket and comes with full descriptions of plants in England and europe that have health properties.
considering the one I was going to buy was over £30 and a big hardback thing. this little one that fits in my pocket permanently is a lot better and a lot cheaper.
its even got excellent pictures of each plant including the individual parts.

Herbs and healing plants of Britain and Europe by Dieter Podlech (Collins nature guide)

for once it was actually worth the walk into town lol

Sounds perfect - must add that to my Amazon wishlist - not that the wife ever looks at it!!
only tyhing missing is a little page for notes, but I can easily stick those inbetween individual pages as we find some of the plants on our walks.
little notes of where each plant can be found locally, that sort of thing.
(4 April 2013, 15:43)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]Been "stockpiling" recently in view of not having a job. Well, I got a job (same office, but new organisation AND I hobbled the fuckers for a pay rise) so now I'm going to concentrate on food again rather than sharp pointy things Smile

Maybe some chickens, depends if the dog will try to eat them or not...

great news BM Big Grin
(4 April 2013, 15:43)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]now I'm going to concentrate on food again rather than sharp pointy things Smile

whats wrong with pointy things? i like pointy things!!Big GrinBig Grin

i've just fixed up 5 more "pointy things" this afternoon Angel
Beardy it sucks being sensible, plus pointy things are more fun
im a fan of heavy things too.
especially once theyre where I want them.
oh dont mind me, its getting to that time of day where i'm getting tired and say silly things...well, more than usual anyway!Big GrinBig Grin
lucky you, its always that time of the day for me Smile