Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Digging up the garden. Got one tree stump out, and am having a relax. Can get out another within the hour, and should be able to find something to fill these 2 massive holes in the garden.

Got a big plastic pharmaceutical container the other day, it magiced itself into my car from somewhere....not sure where though.

Possibly going to get a load of tins of food in the next few days and put them in the container.

Oh, also, I'm planning the garden. It looks like it's going to be about 60% agricultural, but will opt for some vertical integration and propagation. Should be pretty good once it's finished.

Got a load of gardening products earlier as well. In amongst which there was some pretty good tree-stump-killer. It's the ammonium based one. But I need to be careful with it. If you mix it wrongly (with certain easily attainable chemicals), it can become explosive! So if you do buy some, be careful how you use it. Always read the label and make sure whether it's ammonium based, and if it is, read up on what things make it explosive, because that could save your life! You'd hate to mix it with the wrong stuff!!!

For those of you asking, "Hey S13, why do you have tree stump killer if you're digging the stumps out?" I have a simple answer.....urm....
Roots. To stop the roots regrowing......incase I didn't manage to dig them all out!!!

HA, I showed you!!! Getting all suspicious on me for no reason!!!

p.s. If you are going to buy some of this stuff, now it the PERFECT time, because loads of people will be buying the stuff. If anyone asks why you NEED the ammonium based stuff, put simply.....Because I recommend the ammonium stuff for weed killing and root killing and stump removing.
Fitted DIY secondary double glazing. Will add a blog post with the details in the next day or so.
just found a pirate cutlass Big Grin perks of helping my mam move house Smile

ok it might be decorative and blunt (could maybe sharpen it if nessisary) but its a solid piece of metal and would still do plenty of damage if it actually had to be used Smile
well the plan was to go for a walk and find local plant life that was either edible or had health benefits.
we only found two.
but we did walk through the park and towards the allotment.
we ended up at the allotment instead and spent the afternoon preparing land for planting out.

ive now got a nice retaining wall built (to hold water back for the thirsty plants.)
and an area of ground measuring around 14 ft by 10ft ready prepared for my first plants to go in.
tomorrow weve got an area about the same size to turn over and drop our potatoes into.(not all at same time. were going to stagger them every 4 weeks)

we were going to hire a rotavator since the land hadn't been turned in years. but decided to do it by hand since we may as well get used to it now.
luckily the ground is great and its very good soil.

although the arthritis in the hands knows they've been working Smile

it could have been raining for the next 3 weeks, so whilst it was dry and relatively warm, it made more sense to dig the ground than walk in the woods.
Toilet roll for my cache. Only 4 rolls going into it. Will add a load of multi vitamins as well.
ripped down our composter, re-used wood to build a raised bed. filled it full of the soil from where the chicken sheds were taken down. (you should see the soil there)
planted 6 rhubarb rhizomes.

built the frames to support my peas and prepared the soil ready for them to go in tomorrow.

planted 2 rows of potatoes, 1 maris pipe 1 king Edward.

tomorrow is swede, peas, cabbages, pumpkins, and beetroot (the ground is already prepped)

you got to love getting 2 sunny days in a row for finally getting some stuff done.

just wish greenhouse was here so that I can empty my house of all these tomato plants and chilis.
its getting like a jungle in here.
tested bug out route by boat, great sucess!
More garden digging today. Woo the fun!!!
its raining here , and I needed to go and get some plants and seeds in.
might go and do it anyway, atleast itl save me watering them lol
Tried a few different routes out by bike. 1 I need lots more practise 2 if I had my trailer I couldnt do some of them and need rethink a couple of routes