Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
had 2 new knives delivered - Hultafors Craftmans Knife HVK, seen some very good reviews of them and I'm going to stress test one of them this weekend
Bought some perlite, molasses , cleaning kit for air rifle, pellets, co2 cells , shackles of different sizes , climbing rope, oil, grease, and rope winch , thermal blankets from aldi,s £6.99 . 2 gilert water flasks 1 ltr for £1 each from Buyology
today going to a auction there's a couple of things I'm interested in old hand tools, treadle sewing machine and a 1950 Mangle / Clothes Wringer see what happens.
Good luck with the mangle, I have never seen one for sale
I bought myself another calor gas heater the other day. Got 2 full sized ones aswell as some smaller camping ones that take the gas cartridges. Used sparingly, we should be able to stay warm for a little while. Plus the bottles can be used on my cooker aswell.

I also bought 2 2nd hand greenhouses off gumtree. £60 for the pair. 1 going in the garden & 1 going at the allotment.
Me too it must be greenhouse sale week lol. Bought one of those plastic greenhouses with metal frame for a tenner coz the zip on door was broke. I just bought some velcro and job done. Now maybe I can grow some Chillies mmmm
Went to the auction got the lot the mangle £10 working condition, the treadle sewing machine working but needs new needle and a bloody good clean got for £17.50 and a few woodworking hand tools for a fiver. Now that is the long term washing and drying sorted.
Now that it is not blowing a gale I have erected that greenhouse I bought for a tenner, can't wait to get the chillies n toms in
Got some fishing weights and went course fishing. Aldi are selling cheap floats at the minute, dont waste your money on them either the ends come off or they fillwith water
More garden clearing, and have banned the wife from eating anything in my cache that's still to be finished and buried.