Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Some more fishing gear and fiahing books from the libary.
Just got 12 two way radios for £30, and gave one to each of my brothers and sisters etc in case the SHTF.
I'd ditch 3 folders and 1 fixed blade and replace with 1 decent mid sized axe. Just make sure your one fixed blade is a good one, nice and dependable.

Chuck in a crook knife and a decent pair of leather gloves too Smile

(27 April 2013, 22:58)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ]Today I finally sorted out my bug out bag. I still have a few items I want to add yet but this is as it stands.

2 British army ration packs.
1.5l water bladder.
First aid kit + antibiotics and painkillers.
10 glow sticks, 5 torches and head lamp.
Picnic blanket (use it as a ground sheet).
Knife sharpener and six knives. 4 folding 2 fixed.
Electrical tape.
Weatherproof matches. In sealed plastic cases.
Pack of playing cards. (U know I will get bored)
Pen, pencil and notepad.
Spare set of clothes.
Spare batteries. [b]
2 emergency blankets.
Baby wipes.
12 snares.
British issue poncho.
Emergency bivvi bag.
2 mess tins.
Bandana and balaclava.
10 tent pegs.
100ft paracord.
Knife, fork and spoon.
British army issue canteen with metal cup.
SAS survival guide.
Several forms of kindling.
Waterproofs.
Small folding shovel.

I think that's most of it no doubt I forget to mention something.

I also wear a tactical vest which carry various items as well. And all my items are camo because I plan on roughing it in the woods in my area. That is my bug out bag I will no doubt change it again in two months time when I check it.
(30 April 2013, 18:49)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]I'd ditch 3 folders and 1 fixed blade and replace with 1 decent mid sized axe. Just make sure your one fixed blade is a good one, nice and dependable.

Chuck in a crook knife and a decent pair of leather gloves too Smile

(27 April 2013, 22:58)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ]Today I finally sorted out my bug out bag. I still have a few items I want to add yet but this is as it stands.

2 British army ration packs.
1.5l water bladder.
First aid kit + antibiotics and painkillers.
10 glow sticks, 5 torches and head lamp.
Picnic blanket (use it as a ground sheet).
Knife sharpener and six knives. 4 folding 2 fixed.
Electrical tape.
Weatherproof matches. In sealed plastic cases.
Pack of playing cards. (U know I will get bored)
Pen, pencil and notepad.
Spare set of clothes.
Spare batteries. [b]
2 emergency blankets.
Baby wipes.
12 snares.
British issue poncho.
Emergency bivvi bag.
2 mess tins.
Bandana and balaclava.
10 tent pegs.
100ft paracord.
Knife, fork and spoon.
British army issue canteen with metal cup.
SAS survival guide.
Several forms of kindling.
Waterproofs.
Small folding shovel.

I think that's most of it no doubt I forget to mention something.

I also wear a tactical vest which carry various items as well. And all my items are camo because I plan on roughing it in the woods in my area. That is my bug out bag I will no doubt change it again in two months time when I check it.

Thanks. I have been looking at axes today actually. But should I get and axe or a tomahawk?
Axe, I love hawks but axes are more practical
I dont see why you,.............

would want to carry 5 torches,... better to just take two and fill the space with batteries, or make the two good quality wind up ones

Carry that amount of blades, when one large and one small fixed blade will do as well

several kinds of kindling, might it not be better to carry a tin of wood shavings and a jar of petroleum jelly

I am sure that your BOB will change in a couple of months, everyone's does as new things are suggested and idea aired

Your picnic blanket will be wet after the first night, better to go for a good military bed role, the ones that blow up to about an inch are great and light
I think that 90% of this BOB would change after a weekend in the woods.

This is simply a list made up after camping on the internet for a short time.
Erm ... Ok I like to have redundancies hence the several knives and torches and tinder. I use a picnic blanket because I can't afford a air bed. And when I make camp I always make a raised bed with logs and pile it with dead leaves etc. I also have that many knives because I'm big on self protection. Just incase I have to use one I don't wanna hang about trying to pull it back out if it gets stuck etc

Mortblanc that wasn't helpful that was just plain insulting. Amazingly if I need to bug out I ain't thinking of a lazy weekend in the woods scratching my arse and carving love hearts in trees.
(1 May 2013, 10:20)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ]Erm ... Ok I like to have redundancies hence the several knives and torches and tinder. I use a picnic blanket because I can't afford a air bed. And when I make camp I always make a raised bed with logs and pile it with dead leaves etc. I also have that many knives because I'm big on self protection. Just incase I have to use one I don't wanna hang about trying to pull it back out if it gets stuck etc

Mortblanc that wasn't helpful that was just plain insulting. Amazingly if I need to bug out I ain't thinking of a lazy weekend in the woods scratching my arse and carving love hearts in trees.

If it works for you go for it.
Mine is very different. Just make sure you test it and see if it works
I'm not sure he meant it in an insulting way. We quite often, I've done it and I know others have, revise our Bags, BO, EDC, etc. after we have tried them.

I seen his comment along those lines. However, we also accept everyone has different priorities and thus although that is not what Montblanc would do it doesn't make it wrong.