Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(20 May 2013, 14:43)Binnie Wrote: [ -> ]surveyed most of my BOI (bug out island)

absoloutely no sign of any human being there, though there are deer tracks!!! some fox tracks and assorted edible foliage.

sounds good, now all you need is a boat!
Three chickens and their home. This month it will be a solar panel and I'll wire it up to cover the outside freezer and see how that goes.
(20 May 2013, 14:49)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(20 May 2013, 14:43)Binnie Wrote: [ -> ]surveyed most of my BOI (bug out island)

absoloutely no sign of any human being there, though there are deer tracks!!! some fox tracks and assorted edible foliage.

how do you think i got there? Big Grin

i did try by foot, but gave up when the water got to my waist and almost swept me away!
(20 May 2013, 16:31)Binnie Wrote: [ -> ]
(20 May 2013, 14:49)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]

how do you think i got there? Big Grin

i did try by foot, but gave up when the water got to my waist and almost swept me away!
ok that's sorted, how about a shelter?
a shelter is always in my bergen,

there is more wood than i could burn in a lifetime on the island, and i'd have the tools with me to build one.
(20 May 2013, 16:42)Binnie Wrote: [ -> ]a shelter is always in my bergen,

there is more wood than i could burn in a lifetime on the island, and i'd have the tools with me to build one.

that's you sorted then.
I have been making paracord bracelets and right now I'm working out how to make a paracord belt. I also watched series one of bear grylls and come to the conclusion that he does actually tell u much info. Except do stupid stuff like climb down a frozen waterfall (no thanks I wanna live).
Been out and bought a new Stainless steel full sized, 4 sided glass candle lantern from Sainsburys for only £14, bargain.
(20 May 2013, 16:14)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Three chickens and their home. This month it will be a solar panel and I'll wire it up to cover the outside freezer and see how that goes.

I will be interested in that SD, because that was just what I want to do with ours

The solar panels, that is
Built the basic frame for the compost bin, and convinced the wife to let me build my original planned greenhouse....plus new extension!!!