Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(22 May 2013, 15:11)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(22 May 2013, 15:05)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ]In my entire area we have a population of 16k that is alot of people but my town is set up on estates. And I like the idea of turning each estate into small 'towns' each one helping the next one etc. I can see with help and work my town could quite easily feed its self. As long as people can see the long term benefits. (Yes I know people are idiots; but I will trust people until they screw me over)

my town/parish only has a population of 1,306, the area is split in two by the river and the road, we have the town and shops on one side and my estate (population about 500) on the other side of the river, one road way in(same road out again-no through traffic and no buses), and 2 pedestrian paths, easily blockable in an emergency.

Lets set ourselves up as warlords! Angel lol
(22 May 2013, 15:17)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22 May 2013, 15:11)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(22 May 2013, 15:05)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ]In my entire area we have a population of 16k that is alot of people but my town is set up on estates. And I like the idea of turning each estate into small 'towns' each one helping the next one etc. I can see with help and work my town could quite easily feed its self. As long as people can see the long term benefits. (Yes I know people are idiots; but I will trust people until they screw me over)

my town/parish only has a population of 1,306, the area is split in two by the river and the road, we have the town and shops on one side and my estate (population about 500) on the other side of the river, one road way in(same road out again-no through traffic and no buses), and 2 pedestrian paths, easily blockable in an emergency.

its an idea, but TBH I don't "do" people, i'm much happier as a lone wolf, I prefer animals to people and solitude to crowds.
(22 May 2013, 15:22)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]
(22 May 2013, 15:17)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ][quote='bigpaul' pid='58051' dateline='1369231893']
[quote='Mooski88' pid='58049' dateline='1369231509']

its an idea, but TBH I don't "do" people, i'm much happier as a lone wolf, I prefer animals to people and solitude to crowds.

I like to be alone as well but I have a big family and nearly all of them live on my estate. So straight away I would have the help of over 30 people. And if we add our friends on the estate we would have over 150 people. And because most people like to be led a large percentage of the people will help because they are told to or because everyone else is.
there is just me and the OH(and the dog), and apart from 1 elderly gentleman I do not consider anyone on this estate my friend, I would be quite happy to wake up one morning and find we are alone here.

like I said, I don't "do" people.
Got some more fishing weights and frozen mackeral for the weekend
(22 May 2013, 15:35)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I would be quite happy to wake up one morning and find we are alone here.

How strange would that be. All the locals have bugged out overnight. I think I may descend into panic briefly.
(22 May 2013, 15:56)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]
(22 May 2013, 15:35)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]I would be quite happy to wake up one morning and find we are alone here.

How strange would that be. All the locals have bugged out overnight. I think I may descend into panic briefly.

That would blow my mind! Paranoia would be my friend
(22 May 2013, 16:09)Mooski88 Wrote: [ -> ]
(22 May 2013, 15:56)BeardyMan Wrote: [ -> ]

That would blow my mind! Paranoia would be my friend

you strange people! this would be my idea of heaven/nirvana...no more people!! hooray, no more neighbours, yippee!Big Grin
We often go all weekend without seeing a single soul,..in the winter, I often drive 30 miles to to the end of the peninsular and never meet a single car [ different in the summer ],...its sooo disappointing when someone turns up..Sad
(22 May 2013, 16:44)Highlander Wrote: [ -> ]We often go all weekend without seeing a single soul,..in the winter, I often drive 30 miles to to the end of the peninsular and never meet a single car [ different in the summer ],...its sooo disappointing when someone turns up..Sad

I know places like that, the only person they see all week is the postie and the odd tractor.