Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've bought a pushbike, now cycling to work to increase stamina and general health levels, BOV is literally 4 mins away by bike if i really go for it, i reckon i could still bug out in under 20mins should the need arise.

before any smarty pants says anything i'm not cycling DIRECTLY home every night Tongue 4 mins isnt even enough to get a sweat on!
congrats, what kind of bike?
its actually a road bike, not intending to use it as a BOV.

its a carrera zelos, bought from halfrauds. was on special and seemed decent spec for the price.

i can also add to my preps a PAYG 3g dongle, which i am currently using to access the forum, whilst powering laptop from a 12v inverter Big Grin

its techinically a communication prep, it'll be in the ol' BOV permamntely with my laptop and 300w inverter. works well too!
oooo nice bike, watch out for potholes though, very skinny wheels
just got back from the dentists, with a clean bill of health, that's it until November!
received my "Lifestraw" in the post this morning.
done 70 pound on tins today ,what I do is when I get loose change it goes in a prep pot ,so when the money adds up go get some more tins supplies.
sorted all the stuff from my old camo backpack into my new Alice pack, put all the food into an olive over shoulder pack and some bits and pieces into pouches on a seperate alice belt-just waiting for the 2 final pouches to arrive in the post.
Bought some more tins and another couple of kg of porridge oats.
Two 6 metre tarps
2 x 15 metre plastic ropes
2 x pairs black work trousers/cargo pants