Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Got a JP Accelerator (it's a 5 or 6, can't remember which), an AutoMag Mini, and an AutoCocker. The AC has been revamped and done up FAR beyond standard. Had it all upgraded as my trials gun for Nexus. Did well, but made a stupid mistake of not tucking when reloading, so didn't make the team :-(
(5 June 2013, 11:10)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Got a JP Accelerator (it's a 5 or 6, can't remember which), an AutoMag Mini, and an AutoCocker. The AC has been revamped and done up FAR beyond standard. Had it all upgraded as my trials gun for Nexus. Did well, but made a stupid mistake of not tucking when reloading, so didn't make the team :-(

Ah, I see. That's a speedball gun (well, that's what I call 'em anyway) I prefer my mil-sim ones. What hopper you use with it?

I'm still hankering for a twin barrel A5 with the apex barrel and e-grip trigger Big Grin
Had fun playing in rockpools I mean searching for peeler crabs and fishing gear
(4 June 2013, 21:21)Franc Wrote: [ -> ]my new cycle panniers have arrived, now waiting on my new baoefeng
http://galbak0.tumblr.com/post/521613871...em-up-they

now my new baoefeng has arrived, time to play with the programer
Got some more fire wood delivered for nowt
Chatted with Highland Al on the phone and it looks like the Scots group is moving forward ( well done guys)
Got permission to use my physotherapists fields out the back of his house for archery practice with my family ( provided I teach his kids)
Got invited to a doofah to teach a team of Laser questers ????? ( nup nor have I ) some basic infantry tactics and they are going to pay me to do it !!!!
Got an invite to meet up with some folks i have not seen for 10 years near Minehead thats a nice drive if I can find time late summer.
Finnaly found some 100 watt equivelent LE bulbs for my garage at a reasonable price £3.80 at Tesco.

Oh yeah and supposed to be meeting some dudes from Walker T & W at Causey Arch some time soon for a BBQ
Folk from walker? They off griders or true survivalists from pottery bank? Good luck with the bbq
IIRC they are some nice chaps I helped change a tyre on a van they had , it got a puncture but had no spare so I loaned em mine. I think they are sort of bushcrafters they use the area around causey arch for a bit of occasional field craft. The BBQ is my reward for helping them get home.
Picked up Tracks, Trails and Signs by Fred J Speakman.
A ground hunting one by Fred Absell.
A herbal remedies book that I found the link to on here.
Got some rabbit snares coming too (£1 each!)

Then this weekend when I finally get home I'll be out in the woods again, minus the compass Big Grin
Dropped ash tree today logged and split , guys are coming Sunday to drop 3 ash trees (these are dead and dangerous right on the boundary of my ground over hanging the road had a notice to remove or else) £700 bucks I was inconsolable for a week.......but will use the lot on the new wood stove due for delivery thurs fri this week that bugger will run the house no bother ( part of my prepps ) and reorganization about 72% there now, but loads to do, centralized my prepps store 75% done (note to newbies be methodical in all you do "lesson learnt by me " or you will regret it later) like I am now....treble the work to put things right, get it now sort it out later attitude is not good enough....I can tell you...but now......ship shape and Bristol fashion and its GREAT will not slide again EVER
I'm starting to think ineed to build a propper woodstore, cos I read someplace that ideally ( hah!!) we should keep around four cords of fire wood in case of a prolonged winter, jeez have you seen how much wood goes into ONE cord !!! 8ft by 4ft by 4 ft is one cord near as dammit. my garage is full just abouts, I've got three one ton bags of timber in my conservatory, the garden store is full of kindling and theres a few logs in the garden ontop of the bottles of propane I have stored. Man its so easy to underestimated what is needed.