Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What have done towards your prep?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Serviced the BOV, rice, pasta, more tins, ....house security measures 83% complete, got some work in so will be earning some bread next 3 weeks.
SS,

83% sounds very accurate. You must have a clearly defined list for shopping.
No not really SD .......custard ......lol

Okay seriously , although it sounds very precise its a estimation of work done and complete set against the timescale I have allowed , sounds good , but the reality is the remainder is the big stuff and big cost ...I will miss the timescale due to funds .....nothing new there then , but none the less I will get it done, but later rather than sooner , its just the way it is , but I am resolute even though changes to the plan have forced costs to soar beyond my planed costings, what else is new ?.
Got a second hand counterpoise for the tailgate of the Wagon R as one had gone, the TG on this vehicle goes up over and according to the blurb from Suzuki it doubles up as a rain guard or canopy when up. So it was worthwhile fixing.

Backed up my pcs prepper files to a USB hard drive.
ordered some more arrows, also wire and mini snips for trip wires and snares.
Ordered 25 sheets of plasterboard faced 50mm insulation board. £1000 - Eek !!! Enough to fully insulate and dryline my shipping container and hopefully have 2 sheets left spare.

Incidentally, I checked the maximum weight that can be loaded onto a standard shipping container and was surprised to see it is 192 tonnes. Obviously that weight is supported by the corner posts, not the "roof", but it shows how strong these things are.
(25 June 2013, 18:23)Steve Wrote: [ -> ]Ordered 25 sheets of plasterboard faced 50mm insulation board. £1000 - Eek !!! Enough to fully insulate and dryline my shipping container and hopefully have 2 sheets left spare.

Incidentally, I checked the maximum weight that can be loaded onto a standard shipping container and was surprised to see it is 192 tonnes. Obviously that weight is supported by the corner posts, not the "roof", but it shows how strong these things are.

Is that weight not the max loaded onto the base? I assume it's not the maximum available to load on an internal shelf system?
Got 2500 liters of water purification tablets
(25 June 2013, 21:50)TheFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]Got 2500 liters of water purification tablets

That's one helluva lot of tablets! I didn't know they came in litres... Big Grin
(25 June 2013, 22:37)Grumpy Grandpa Wrote: [ -> ]
(25 June 2013, 21:50)TheFalcon Wrote: [ -> ]Got 2500 liters of water purification tablets

That's one helluva lot of tablets! I didn't know they came in litres... Big Grin

You know what i mean enough tablets to purify 2500 liters.....cheeky sod Tongue