Survival UK Forums

Full Version: partner
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
how many of you have your partners involved ,or do they just put up with it ,or do you try and keep it as quiet as you can ??

thanks
b/d
Mine is aware as well as the kids, both adults, they humour me and keep OPSEC although the don't believe anything will happen. They are happy to join in when I go shooting or do something they like but avoid the tests if they can.

I prepare for them anyway. I am not happy with it but accept it.
My partner AlyBear is into it, but I would say she is more of a fair weather accepter/humourer.

I have taken to prepping very actively and am intensely upping my efforts. She seems to be slacking off and lowering her interest. She says she is interested, which is cool, and she accepts it with me (to a point) but also encourages some things, like camping and learning bushcraft/survival skills.

On a scale of 1-10, 1 being a sheeple, and 10 being SD, NR, BP kind of level, I would say she is a 3. Maybe a 3.5 at best. It's better than not at all, but it's not intense enough to take the initiative.

When I move out into my own place, her house will have 0 preps, other than the half prepared GHB I made for her (contents, survival tin, a knife, and 2 litres of water. She said she would load it up as of and when she needed to).

Having my own place means the world to me now! It's 100% time to prep!!!!
My missus is moderately keen on prepping, far more so since we started focusing on food issues more than medical or security issues, baking, preserving, cooking etc sher is very keen upon, she also now understands the full value of survival kit in cars and driving a 4x4 instead of a mobile organ doner box. She loves the free heat and pleasure of the wood burner. So I'd say shes at 80% of potential.
The only problem with her I found was the Bi**** is a better shot with a shotgun than I am !!!!!! Smile
My wife is not a believer. She is opposed to my Prepping. I do not think that many women are interested but I do believe that those who are, are excellent. They are fully comitted. Kenneth Eames.
wife is OK with it, after all she lived off grid for the first 12 years of her life so she knows more about it than i do, even when she started working, she worked on farms that werent on the mains but on generators. she does moan when we go shopping, she says" its all that NR's fault, where are we supposed to put all this stuff??"TongueBig Grin
hey thats a good idea b.p. if we all blame n.r. we could all buy loads of kit and say n.r. told us to do it !!Tongue
my o.h's. on the fence. I told her not to sit on it coz she'll
get splinters Tongue
(19 February 2012, 11:39)mikebratcher69 Wrote: [ -> ]hey thats a good idea b.p. if we all blame n.r. we could all buy loads of kit and say n.r. told us to do it !!Tongue
my o.h's. on the fence. I told her not to sit on it coz she'll
get splinters Tongue

yeah, i like it Mike, lets all blame NR for starting us all prepping! sort of backhanded compliment if you like!Tongue
The wife's on-board thankfully.

Food/medical/camping gear all fine.

Knives and other weapons I have to work a little, but she comes round in the end Big Grin
(19 February 2012, 11:39)mikebratcher69 Wrote: [ -> ]hey thats a good idea b.p. if we all blame n.r. we could all buy loads of kit and say n.r. told us to do it !!:p

I don't know what you mean by 'and say N.R. told us to do it' He really did tell me to.

I hope AlyBear doesn't read this. No wait......N.R. told me to post here.
Pages: 1 2