Survival UK Forums

Full Version: What would you do?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Testing your morals and ethics the situation is this. You have prepped for you your wife and kids, you actually have everything that you require to surive.
Then a relative turns up with his wife and kids expecting you to feed tham and offer them a roof. So what do you do?
Feed them their kids first and then feed the wife her husband ?

Honestly though, I'd turn them away.
(22 February 2012, 19:46)Instructor Wrote: [ -> ]Testing your morals and ethics the situation is this. You have prepped for you your wife and kids, you actually have everything that you require to surive.
Then a relative turns up with his wife and kids expecting you to feed tham and offer them a roof. So what do you do?

Give them advice on sex and travel, if they would not listen to me before TSHTF and did their own preps then tough they can sod off, If they are preppers and have been forced to bug out I will bring em in.
im the same as NR we have to stick together the rest can piss off cant feed all
Agreed (hope they are not reading this - then if they were, then that would mean they would have a clue .. .- but then they might sneak up & try & steal all my stuff ?...... - so then I would have to make sure if I saw them first I would be first on the draw....-- Thats sorted then!!! - any relatives popping round for a supposed cup of tea , .. are gonna get it big time, yes sure is dammit , yeehaar!)
I'd give him a crowbar and some bolt cutters and send him shopping!
If they turned up and EXPECTED me to take care of them, I'd think they were a cheeky bugger and could sod off.

If they turned up desperate, then of course I would help them.

The thing is, my sister is in Oz, my parents are up north in Warrington. Of my parents, my dad is terminally ill and probably wont see 2013, so I would certainly take him in. My mum is just plain awesome, so yeah I'd let her in. The thing is, I'm 27 and they are my parents. Of course I'd bring them in.

Immediate family are family.

My cousins don't live in the UK either. Well, the ones I'm closest to anyway (says a lot doesn't it haha) so they wouldn't be turning up.

All in all, I'd say I'm highly unlikely to face that situation. But immediate family.......I'm already preparing for them as it is.
I only have TOF jnr, and he's included. I have family who can barely feed themselves for a week now. They have already tried blagging food and failed. I can't see my feelings changing
can we eat them?

Trying to think of relatives I have that would be useful. Stuff like medical doctors or wacky farmer relatives. My dad can come in because he loves all sorts of stuff like ray mears and used to hunt (still has his shotgun certificate and shotguns etc) Last time I went to visit my family I spent most of the time reading old trapping books from the 70s he had (like how to catch a giraffe) while watching various survival shows on sky before we went shopping in an army surplus for a new parang. Mother is a medical nurse too. Would hope she'd bring all her supplies with her so having her about would mean needles and bandages galore.

Everyone else I havent really seen since maybe 1998. I could easily walk past them in the street and potentially not know they were my relatives unless they said.
(23 February 2012, 00:48)Carnebwen Wrote: [ -> ]Everyone else I havent really seen since maybe 1998. I could easily walk past them in the street and potentially not know they were my relatives unless they said.

That for me is a major factor. If they are relatives that I don't know, then we are only joined by someone else a distance back. They are not friends, they are not really 'family'. This definition of family is not the usual blood relations type. Ask any biker who their family is. Ask any rock climber who their family is. Those that you are close to, to the point you would die for each other.......that is my view of family.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7