Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Morocco Advice
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Alright everyone

This is an interesting one for you all.

I'm going to Morocco for a few days towards the end of the year. It's AlyBear's brothers birthday.

What does everyone recommend for carrying through the airport and all that?

So far I'm sorted on a few things:
Paracord Bracelet
BladeRunner hoody
Poncho in my bag
3 Tactical Pens
2 Pen Flashlights
SAS Field Manual, or another survival book for the flight
Sun Glasses
Suntan lotion

Any help and advice would be greatly appreciated.

I'm looking at 2 scenarios/bags.
Airport Carry. It will be my EDC, stuff for getting on the plane, and having through the airport.
The second one is my EDC in Morocco itself.

All ideas and equipment suggested will be greatly appreciated.

p.s. It's a paid for 5* resort. Only have to pay for the flights, so not going isn't an option. I really want to go.
Is their a Fed Ex or similar place you can send a BOB out to so you can collect it on arrival, failing that an outdoor store where you can kit out on arrival and post the stuff home as you leave?
I'm lucky cos when I go to the US my friends in KS alway fit me up with all the "" Essential"" gear.
Light Sticks
Anti Diarehea meds
water puri tabs
malaria tabs
That's a great point!!!

I'm going to step that up as an excuse to pump up LOADS of medication off the doctor! Nice one NR, for pointing out the medication side of it.

It's only for 4 days that we're out there. I'm thinking more of a plane disaster survival issue.
Forget about what you are taking. Think about what you can buy and bring or send back.
(24 February 2012, 15:05)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Forget about what you are taking. Think about what you can buy and bring or send back.

I am. That's a major thing for me. But I'm also thinking....plane crash preparedness.

Just thought about taking a small pair of binoculars. Would be good to have for many reasons.
Thinking about it, what items do you recommend I bring back or fedex back?
(24 February 2012, 14:22)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]That's a great point!!!

I'm going to step that up as an excuse to pump up LOADS of medication off the doctor! Nice one NR, for pointing out the medication side of it.

It's only for 4 days that we're out there. I'm thinking more of a plane disaster survival issue.

It only takes 20 seconds for a tick or mossie to infect you.
(24 February 2012, 15:43)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]It only takes 20 seconds for a tick or mossie to infect you.

Squito net!

On shopping list now. Thanks NR.
Thanks NR.

Just noticed one line though. The top line about advice....
"There is a general threat from terrorism in Morocco. Attacks could be indiscriminate, including in places frequented by expatriates and foreign travellers. You should have confidence in your individual security arrangements and maintain a high level of vigilance."
Bollocks!!!

Wait....it gets better
"Morocco has a poor road safety record"

Brilliant.....just what I wanted to hear:
"Significant events include:

On 28 April 2011, 17 people were killed and 25 injured in a large explosion in Marrakech at the Argana Restaurant in Jema el Fna Square. Moroccan authorities continue to investigate and have made a number of arrests.
In May 2003, 45 people were killed in a series of terrorist attacks in Casablanca. These attacks were against relatively soft targets, including hotels and restaurants frequented by foreigners or those with Jewish links. The Moroccan authorities arrested and imprisoned a number of those considered to be responsible for the attacks; there is a high threat of further attacks."

It says to have innoculations up to date.
Does anyone know a trust worthy website as to what jabs I should get?
That website should list them
Pages: 1 2 3