Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Next time you WILL listen to the instructor
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Lucky it looks like it went through the flesh so not much damage.
OOPS!!Big GrinTongue
I wonder how they got his hand away from the bow?
where's the blood?? i thought there would be a lot of blood, is it a trick photo???
With the bolt in place it may have sealed it but more than likely it did not hit any main arteries
It looks staged to me.

That flap of skin on the finger should have ripped off. Look how it is stretched. That would have allowed the hand to disengage from the bow and the bolt cut or,depending on the point, pushed through. Here though we have a bit of padding for the bleeding and he is standing there to have it photographed. I wouldn't have been waiting for that at all.
It's fake.

The arrow is on the wrong side of the bow for starters.

The blood on the little finger seems to have already coagulated, same with the thumb.

The flights for the arrow would be deep and thus should leave more of a bulge in the thumb should be seen.

Looking at the flights more, it would suggest that the curvature of the flights, with the yellow flight facing away from the centre of the handle, means the arrow has managed to rotate 360 degrees before even releasing from the string.

Assuming the arrow was fired on the wrong side of the bow (the picture indicates a right handed shooter) then the arrow has rotated 180 degrees before it has even left the length of the bow, which is amazing considering it would still be attached to the bow until it has left the string.

The only way such a shot would be possible would be if the shooter pulled the sting back beyond the tray where the arrow sits, then further back still, and then has let go. That is the only way the arrow could have gone through the wrong side of the bow and into his hand. Either way you would expect no curviture of the flights at the thumb, as the arrow would still be attached to the string. If that was the case, the arrow should have gone straight through his hand the moment he released the string.

By the looks of the bow, the lettering DIA suggests it's a Diamond bow, which are used to hunt rather large game. Elk and things like that.

Oh, and why the **** is he shooting a bow in his house? Looks like shelves in the background.

It's a cool picture, but it's fake.
Those items are too far forward to be flights that is why I thought it was padding to cover the wound.
(27 February 2012, 20:04)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Those items are too far forward to be flights that is why I thought it was padding to cover the wound.

Yeah, and that. haha