Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Poundland, Bedminster
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone

I've moved into my place, and am spending my first night there tonight.

On my mission to get to know the area, and pick up things that I didn't have (extension cable, plates, etc) I happened across the wonderfully cheap, and strong cannabis smelling, Poundland.

Poundland lives up to it's name, and everything, oddly enough, costs £1.00

That's not much of a revolation, I'm sure. However, it gets fun, because there is a 'camping' section!!!

In that section I managed to find 2 small (1m x 2m each) emergency blankets for...£1.00 Granted it's not the bargain of the century, but it is certainly worth having.
I'm having a proper shopping session in there on Saturday to see what else they have available.
(1 March 2012, 16:09)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone

On my mission to get to know the area, and pick up things that I didn't have (extension cable, plates, etc) I happened across the wonderfully cheap, and strong cannabis smelling, Poundland.

Poundland lives up to it's name, and everything, oddly enough, costs £1.00

That's not much of a revolation, I'm sure. However, it gets fun, because there is a 'camping' section!!!

In that section I managed to find 2 small (1m x 2m each) emergency blankets for...£1.00 Granted it's not the bargain of the century, but it is certainly worth having.
I'm having a proper shopping session in there on Saturday to see what else they have available.
enjoy your first night in your new place Scythe, i remember how i felt all those years ago when i got from under and got my own place, great times!!
(1 March 2012, 16:20)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]enjoy your first night in your new place Scythe, i remember how i felt all those years ago when i got from under and got my own place, great times!!

Yeah, it's a good feeling to be moving everything in.

I'm going to write up a post and post some pictures on my flickr account, possibly.

Need to get a sheet for a duvet. But I have 3 sleeping bags, so I'm still nice and warm haha.

What BP saidSmile

Charity shops are great for crockery and stuff. Curtains too.

(1 March 2012, 16:38)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]What BP saidSmile

I have a weird skylight, but no normal windows. I'm looking more at a horizontal curtain.
(1 March 2012, 16:42)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]
(1 March 2012, 16:38)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]What BP saidSmile

I have a weird skylight, but no normal windows. I'm looking more at a horizontal curtain.

make sure you shut the skylight when you go out or when you go to sleep, or else you could end up with a rain soaked bed!!!!Big Grin
Congrats on the moving. Hope it works out well for you.
Good news on your move
(1 March 2012, 16:09)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone

Oh I know THAT place its the one built over the old graveyard where the family were slaughtered by a knife wielding maniac before the zombies killed him.Big Grin
(1 March 2012, 20:03)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Oh I know THAT place its the one built over the old graveyard where the family were slaughtered by a knife wielding maniac before the zombies killed him.Big Grin

Yeah that's the one. I got sick of living with my parents, so I moved out. It's okay because now we are on both sides of the graveyard.
Pages: 1 2