Survival UK Forums

Full Version: do you have what it takes to survive??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
old 1970s BBC documentary, but it does what it says on the tin,see: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=afZc1K6VMRk
Good Find BP, that gets the point across nicely.
(2 March 2012, 20:15)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Good Find BP, that gets the point across nicely.
yes, i thought so when i saw it, was just flipping through some youtube videos and fell over it.
Good video,and does bring it home, I was strolling round my local garden centre last week, found what I can only describe as a hand held mini plough, was thinking to myself sod having to use some thing like, did look like you could shove likes of a broom handle into it's handle but even so it would be bloody hard work trying to break up even a very small space of ground.
it's a good video BP. I always liked the quote from the original triffids series:

"We must be part of a community to have any hope for the future at all. At the moment we have all we need: food, supplies, everything. But the food will go bad, metal will rust, the fuel to drive the machines will run out. Before that happens we have to learn to plow. And learn to make plows. And learn to smelt the iron to make plowshares. We must learn to make good all we wear out. If not we say goodbye to civilisation and slide into savagery"

The Victorian farm series has a book that can be down loaded, it's interesting to see how they made stuff from scratch, also how hard they had to work.
do you have a link to the book?

does anyone think it would be worth us talking through a post collapse scenario to decide needs? so say we've made it to BOL, have enough food and security for x months, what do we need in place to go from this to long term survival/rebuilding.
(3 March 2012, 14:17)preservefreak Wrote: [ -> ]do you have a link to the book?

does anyone think it would be worth us talking through a post collapse scenario to decide needs? so say we've made it to BOL, have enough food and security for x months, what do we need in place to go from this to long term survival/rebuilding.

Yes, discuss debate and explore as many options, alternative and threats as you can, the more you consider the less they can catch you out.
(3 March 2012, 14:17)preservefreak Wrote: [ -> ]do you have a link to the book?

Just had a quick look, I have so much stuff booked marked, I need to find time to put it all in its correct folder, I will find it at some point, I'm pretty sure I posted it on ukp, will post when I find it.

i prefer "tales from the green valley" as i think post TSHTF that may be how we will have to do things for awhile, more hands on than technology!