Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Home schooling
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was just trawling through the radio channels in the wifes car when i heard an interesting snippet, twas a lady from Gloster or Glostershire saying that because of the cost of fuel had now gotten so bad and the exam passes rates at the local comp were so appalling she was now forming a home schooling group with some other parents from her area. If fuel is affecting people that badly I can forsee major cultural changes in English society on the horizon.
i have a feeling the gov want it to go back like victorian times when you knew your place and if you answered back they put you in the workhouse... Oh wait a minute, isnt that what the governments doing with Tescos and such right now?
(6 March 2012, 17:02)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]I was just trawling through the radio channels in the wifes car when i heard an interesting snippet, twas a lady from Gloster or Glostershire saying that because of the cost of fuel had now gotten so bad and the exam passes rates at the local comp were so appalling she was now forming a home schooling group with some other parents from her area. If fuel is affecting people that badly I can forsee major cultural changes in English society on the horizon.

I'd jump at the change of group home schooling, must look in to that, only thing that has put me off the idea was the social/isolation aspect, a group would be great, my girl goes to a reasonably good school 3 miles away and it's still shite.

I've not got any kids, but I'm going to half home school them, and half normal school them.

The thing that gets me most is that kids are taught to get jobs and work for other people. Screw that! I want my kids to have their own companies!!!
I do 60 / 40 with mine the school curriculum is followed by the school but my wife and I expand on what he is taught and we also expunge the left wing anti British anti empire politically crap they are forced fed by todays teachers.
(6 March 2012, 21:00)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]http://www.education-otherwise.net/

Book marked it, thanks.
I do think combined school and home school works well my son has just turned 14 this month and the school rates him good enough to do his GCSE in Maths, English, Geography etc already !!!
I did that with mine and they went to school armed with some questions which was always getting them into trouble. Parents evening was great fun and I had several discussions with their teachers.

The funny part was my kids came home at lunch time as I only lived 100 yards away and their friends loved meeting me because of the things I said. My kids used to say 'Don't ask him any questions that need long answers' but they did poor things.

I loved pointing out things and making them think. The teachers got all the questions then they checked the answers with me. My favourite, which didn't exist when I was a kid, was politics. They got some interesting discusions then.

The problem now is they teach them things is a different way. I can barely understand some of the basics. I taught my grandaughter the alphabet and when she went to school it was all wrong. Kicking K and Curly C. WTF. But I will persevere.
If I was old enough to have kids (don't get me started on teen pregnancies) I would more then likely home-school them.
Pages: 1 2