Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Birthday suggestions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
hey folks,

it is my birthday in a few weeks time and I'm stuck for present idea. My parents are giving me £50 to spend and I want to use it on preps but I'm not sure what to get. does anyone have suggestions? please feel free to just throw ideas at me and I'll see what sticks!

thanks all
PF

A very good quality folding lock knife with pocket clip like a Cold Steel or Spyderco, something that will serve you for decades.
A years subscription to Survival UK. Wink

Whistles innocently.
thanks for the ideas, though I didn't know there was a subscription option here Huh
(9 March 2012, 10:54)preservefreak Wrote: [ -> ]thanks for the ideas, though I didn't know there was a subscription option here Huh

There is'nt he's fishing for bribes Smile Smile
I see. hmmmmm. what can I get for my 'donation' SD? Wink (jk)
It was a joke. There is no subscription option. Everyone has access to all areas on my sites without even having to register.
You can donate to me if you want. For the price of your subscription, you get a massive thank you. Maybe a kiss if you're nice haha.

In fairness, if you check out Groupon, you can often get some survival skills/bushcraft skills events pretty cheap.

If you do sign up to Groupon, PM me before you do. That way I get brownie points.

Also, have you thought about having a camping trip with a load of mates? It's not neccessarily a prep, but it's an awesome time with friends, and can teach you more about life in a tent.

Failing that, I'd opt for something that I will always remember. Maybe clay pidgeon shooting or something.
(9 March 2012, 15:02)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]You can donate to me if you want. For the price of your subscription, you get a massive thank you. Maybe a kiss if you're nice haha.

In fairness, if you check out Groupon, you can often get some survival skills/bushcraft skills events pretty cheap.

If you do sign up to Groupon, PM me before you do. That way I get brownie points.

Also, have you thought about having a camping trip with a load of mates? It's not neccessarily a prep, but it's an awesome time with friends, and can teach you more about life in a tent.

Failing that, I'd opt for something that I will always remember. Maybe clay pidgeon shooting or something.

I've had a few things off groupon already, I'll let you know if I go to buy something else though if you get something out of it.

I used to camp loads when I was younger, not so much in recent years though. I still have all the gear though, all I lack is folks to go camping with (though solo camping is fun I prefer being with others). I'm getting Helen (my OH) to come camping with me when it warms up a bit. I'm a bit of a gourmet camper and that helped lure her Smile

some good suggestions, thanks
(9 March 2012, 15:30)preservefreak Wrote: [ -> ]I've had a few things off groupon already, I'll let you know if I go to buy something else though if you get something out of it.

I used to camp loads when I was younger, not so much in recent years though. I still have all the gear though, all I lack is folks to go camping with (though solo camping is fun I prefer being with others). I'm getting Helen (my OH) to come camping with me when it warms up a bit. I'm a bit of a gourmet camper and that helped lure her Smile

some good suggestions, thanks

Nah, it's cool. Only get stuff from Groupon if it's a new sign-up. It's a great thing though!

How dare you be a gourmet camper. Glamping (Glamourous Camping) is just not on. Get out there, in the cold, and suck it up. NO SNIVELING!!! haha. I'm kidding. That's cool mate. Each to their own. Personally, I'm trying to build a winter camping system that is ultra-light!!! Oh yes, we are going hardcore in the Scythe13-Camp group.....that is just me and AlyBear, although she's a bit softcore. I'm camping with Binary Ninja soon, and I'm pretty sure he's taking a tent. I'm going to try and use Ponchos!!! It's almost spring/summer, so it'll be above freezing, which means........time to test myself/ponchos haha.

Have you thought about buying an everyday item? Something like a bag, or a non-prepping related item? I know it's not necessarily going to save your life, but you are allowed to have a 'normal life' haha.

What about going rock climbing? You'll learn rope skills, it's a good workout, and you get to test yourself. Plus, it could save your life if you get into it enough. Also, it could save someone else's life.
Pages: 1 2