Survival UK Forums

Full Version: We are not the minority.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Okay, the title might be slightly wrong. Forward looking, clear minded, self thinking indivivuals will always be the minority. However, we are much more common than most of us realise.

AlyBear was with a friend the other day and the girl she was with kept drinking loads of water. Aly joked saying, "If something bad happened, you'd be screwed. You'd run out of water really quickly." Which is a sweet way to wind a friend up. But it turns out, the friend replied with all seriousness "We store just under a months worth of water in the loft." Aly said they didn't speak about it. It was just a joke and a response. But that got her thinking.

AlyBear got onto the subject of camping, and it turns out that her friends husband goes camping with some mates into the woods. Which is my kind of thing (as you probably know). So all in all, it is very interesting to know that people out there are prepping.

Maybe your neighbours are preppers and you didn't realise. Turns out our friends of 6 months are. We never even realised!!!
One of the American forums did a reasonable amount of research into preppers and survivalists and reckoned online preppers only make up about 5 5 of our total number.
(9 March 2012, 15:39)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]One of the American forums did a reasonable amount of research into preppers and survivalists and reckoned online preppers only make up about 5 5 of our total number.

I assume you mean 5%. That's understandable. I'd believe that. I'm more likely to trust a higher number, like 10%, but that's still pretty good for people outside of the norm.

There's an interesting ripple going through the media right now. It's all about preppers. Oddly enough, they are not mocking them....yet.
Even wiser inteligent journos should know never to burn their bridges (or their contacts book)
I think you'll find preppings quite trendy at the moment thats all. Its a hobby for the better off to have and show off how they've bought lots of bolly and caviar in case of hard times and how they've bought a spare landrover for roughing it in case their 3.5 liter range rover breaks down on the chealsea shopping run.

As you say Scythe "There's an interesting ripple going through the media right now. It's all about preppers. Oddly enough, they are not mocking them....yet." Thats why it's popular People do what the media tell them to do. Thats the same reason they hate gun owners, because the media tells them too. Wait till the media start laughing at the "stupid paranoid preppers" watch how fast those friends drop prepping...
As the DM reported yesterday the middle " Clarses" are now being impacted by the open gang warfare in our cities, and memmy and deddy plus the privatelty educated 2..5 fashion accessories are being forced to move away from Lenden because all the gangs of thugs are spoiling the neighbourhood.
Cant find yesterdays link

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-...yside.html

it says the most popular destination for these "white flight-ers" is Truro in Cornwall, probably because cornwall is a favourite holiday destination of the British, they dont come to Devon much, maybe places like Torbay but they dont come to my neck of the woods-too rural, nothing for the little kiddies to do and no posh restaurants!
That may be their destination but with no refueling stops and a long hike I think there will be a lot of people scattered all over the M4 and M5
in that case they wont get much further than Salisbury Plain!
Pages: 1 2 3