Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Sprouting at Home
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Fresh organic vegetables every day
from a square foot of counter space

http://www.cityfarmer.org/sprout86.html
I've been sprouting for years, little jar sat in the window , couple of days fresh sprouts, I eat them when there about 1/2 inches long, can't say they taste nice tend to hide them in sandwiches and salads but very nutritious,I usually get an organic mix from the health food shop.
Sprouts seem very unappreciated over here. Yet seem to be exactly what we are looking for.
Thinds that are good for you never taste nice
Alfalfa is a good one, I do believe you could almost live on it, it's so nutritious plus a good healer of all sorts of medical conditions, can be juiced.
(15 March 2012, 19:29)Prep Girl Wrote: [ -> ]Alfalfa is a good one, I do believe you could almost live on it, it's so nutritious plus a good healer of all sorts of medical conditions, can be juiced.

I've heard loads about alfalfa and duckweed. A guy at the gym used to swear by them. He's not a small guy, so I'm not going to call him a liar.
I've never tried duckweed but the guy seems to know his stuff.
A good thing to take now and to store would be blue/green algae, it tastes and smells like dirty old pond water but it's one of the best super foods out there, it comes in 3 forms, tablet, powder and fresh frozen.