Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Bear trap security
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Everyone

Just watching Bear Grylls (as usual) and he found a bear trap (how appropriate) but didn't tread on it.

It got me thinking, we can't own landmines to secure a property, neither can we own bear traps. But I bet they're not too hard to make.

Just a though.
You can own them. You just can't use them so get some in. They are handy for hunting when the rules are a bit more relaxed.
how about a pit with some sharpened stakes in it?
As SD said we can own them but not allowed to use for hunting, very cheap to buy now.
put poo on them spikes and any other thing for infection
A guy I knew many moons ago used to use alarm mines connected to a tree, with a stubb barrel welded on and live cartridges in them for poachers...
needles to say he never got anybody poaching on his land...
Anyone know where I can get these bear traps from ?
alarm mines you need a barrel on the end and place your projectiles in the barral you can't use shot gun cart's as the don't fit in only blanks be carefull when messing around with these and remember opsec!
i have loads of them great for early warning systems
also fishing bite alarms that are remote and have a 120 meter range
Alarm mines u can pick up from most airsoft/war-game type websites. They're usually around a tenner. Here's a book which tells u about all kinds of traps. http://www.fourteenacre.co.uk/british-tr...r-mammals/
Man/bear traps are illegal in the UK & u'll only be able to get antiques which will have lost most of their 'bite'.

A simple 'anti-poacher' trap can be built by cutting the base from an oil drum (so it's about a foot high) then cut an 'X' in the bottom. Place these around areas where u suspect unwanted visitors will walk & when someone treads on one their foot will fall through the 'X' & they won't be able to pull it out again without cutting it off. You could anchor them so they'd have to wait for you to free them... If you want to that is!
If I fell into one of those traps, I'd just push my foot deeper into it, while pushing in 2 of the front flaps of the barrel. That way I'd be able to take my foot out. Yeah it would be cut up, but I'd be free at least.
Pages: 1 2