Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Nationality after an event
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If after an event government fell, mass decrease in population say 70 percent, all infrastructure stopped. would you still be British? Would it matter? What would it mean? Your biggest enemy is unlikely to be French but is more likely to be British. Would over time new nations be formed with different boundaries? Would being British , American etc be lost for ever? It seems unlikely that a country could ever be put back together again in the same form.
I'll still be English
not sure what i am now? feel like a slave for the gov lol
long live my country and the space i stand in lol
Prep girl
If you managed to survive and scratch out a life for you and yours and then heard Cornwall was occupied by French fisherman would you fight to get it back.
I'll always be British. Doesn't mean I have to support the government though.
i would not
what does being british mean now, i don't think it means the same any more
i could be wrong ? what do others think being british is?
I think nationality is just a way To control us. People in newcastle have no connection with Cornwall.
When people say they are English, Scottish, French etc what does it mean apart from sport which really doesn't matter when it comes down to it. We feel a connection with neighbours, family, familiar places, friends etc.
It's just instinct for humans to form social groups for all kinds of reasons, as those social groups grow and others are accepted into the group the group expands into other areas and bingo, nations are born. We'll be a nation called Prepoidoppolis.
On the Army cadet application form at the end where you tick your nationality, they had British and English, first time I've ever seen it, I don't get the British thing? United Kingdom I get but not British, anyway were part Europe now ain't we? RolleyesSmile
I'm a Prepoidoppolisian.

Personally, I've never been bothered by where someone is from. I'm more interested in where they're going.

If someone is born in India, then moves to the UK. They vote every time, they love their fish and chips, speaks English, is Christian, and likes the queen. That's more honouring to the British traditions than most of us. In fairness most people here are not fans of the government, or the queen.

When people group together as Jodansgang said, it's instinct to group together. After TSHTF, if you're bleeding to death and a doctor comes to help you, I doubt you'd be bothered where they're from, if they saved your life.

People in the same geographical region will band together if they're not feeling safe. Once they feel more secure, that's when things like race, accent, nationality, and those kind of things will come into effect. Until then, people are more likely to work together until they feel safe enough to infight.
Oh, and I believe in the idea of being myself. Not labled as British, English, French, German, European, or anything else. I am me, and the country I was born in, live in, move to, or anything else, does not define me and classify me as being such. I am not British or English, even though I was born in England. I am not European, even though I was born in Europe. I am a human being, living on the planet earth. I am Scythe13. I am an individual, and I am me. Nothing more, nothing less.
Pages: 1 2 3