Survival UK Forums

Full Version: The sheeple are panicking already over fuel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5
I watched this on the news last night. Can you imagine the true chaos and panic that would ensue if we were in a real situation?? the herd mentalty lives on in the sheeple and they create their own self fufilling prophecy every time!

Petrol may be running low.....i know lets grab it all and make it run low, I'm all right jack! F.U.
Its hilarious people are actually squabbling and threatening each other at petrol stations up here and the strike has not yet even been called, the BBCs in house idiot Bill Turnbull on Breakfast news this morning is telling everyone including the energy minister that it is illegal to store petrol in a jerry can, ITS NOT.

The problem appears to be the government and fuel producers are telling the public at large to take "" Common Sense Precautions" but common sense is apparently extinct in the general public and among most TV journalists.
Haha, I've got to fill my car up today, with about £75+ to get back to Bristol, but then to get me most the way (if not all the way) up to Warrington this weekend for the meet.

If anyone wants to try it on while I'm filling up, and my "Caged Steel" shorts and my tshirt saying "Live hard. Die fighting" are not enough of a warning....haha.
local garage this morning has run out of fuel!
Local Morrisons have 1/4 of a mile queues out side it other local garages are running out of fuel.
(29 March 2012, 08:33)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Its hilarious people are actually squabbling and threatening each other at petrol stations up here and the strike has not yet even been called, the BBCs in house idiot Bill Turnbull on Breakfast news this morning is telling everyone including the energy minister that it is illegal to store petrol in a jerry can, ITS NOT.

The problem appears to be the government and fuel producers are telling the public at large to take "" Common Sense Precautions" but common sense is apparently extinct in the general public and among most TV journalists.
i think its the amount thats the problem, i have heard 10litres petrol and 20litres diesel maximum being mentioned, on our tenancy it says 5 litres maximum.

OH has just been onto our Insurance company- we have contents insurance- and asked how much fuel can we store on our property -in the garden shed at the far end of the garden- and still be within our insurance policy- and the answer is NONE- not even half a gallon for the motor mower! other insurance companies may be different-but that is our situation, of course that is under normal events after TSHTF normal rules wont apply.
I was in halfords today and my local one has sold out of 20 litre Jerry cans.
People are still sitting in a 1/4 mile que for the Tesco filling stations! What's wrong with these people, THERE IS NO STRIKE!!!!!!

I didn't get any hassle at the petrol station. Someone honked a horn, I don't know who it was at, but I turned round and nobody gave me eye contact.......so it must have been honked at someone else.

The trick is, join the line with the smallest cars in. Don't get packed up behind a 2.2litre Vectra wanting a £75.51 fill up! haha
it might be ok for someone who lives in a city, if one petrol station is empty they can go down the road and try another, but here in the countryside we would have to go miles! i'll give you an idea, if our petrol station is out of fuel-which it currently is, the nearest petrol stations are: 13 miles West, 10 miles East, 13 miles North and 10 miles south-thats the distance TO, NOT a return journey, so i'm NOT travelling 26 miles using up what fuel i have to a petrol station i DONT even know if its got any petrol.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5