Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Thermal Liner test
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone

Okay, this is kind of a bias test, considering the conditions.

I'm at home (for once) testing equipment.

Todays item is the Reactor Extreme Thermal Sleeping Bag Liner.

The test: See how warm it is.

Heating: Off
Windows: Open
Bedcovers: On the floor

It looks like this is a massively bias test, and it kind of is, but that's only because I'm at home this week, and I don't have a bivi.

I'll say how it was in the morning.

Night night.
Morning everyone.

Okay, that wasn't the fairest test ever, but it still kind of worked.

The liner certainly increases the heat in the sleeping bag. But for winter, I'll be looking at at least 2 liners, or a space blanket in the sleeping bag before the liner. So I'd say it was a pretty reasonable purchase, but maybe needs a little work.
Never heard of that brand before, something to look into.

Do you know the adventuremedicalkits brand they do thermal bags of better grade then many, check out there SOL range, link below, have a look at other kit they do as well they quite a decent range.

http://www.adventuremedicalkits.com/prod...ter&cat=53

A house retains heat for a long time. Turn the heating off for a week and try the test or better yet go out on to the roof.

Does anyone live below you.If so they provide a lot of heat to your place.
Thanks WnC. I think I'll be investing in the larger escape version of what they have. I'm looking into a bivi to keep away rain, water, wind, and that kind of thing. I think the SOL ones look pretty good, and seem compact as well! Not a fan of just the spaceblanket tube one, after sweating loads on my cliff edge adventure. I think I'm going to end up opting for having the SOL bivi as the external layer, then packing everything into it, as I described in my sleeping-system thread.

(5 April 2012, 13:32)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone live below you.If so they provide a lot of heat to your place.

We don't have a main central heating system, and there's only a shop below where I live. Having the windows open helped reduce the temperature.