Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Olympics non-bombable?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Okay, here's a thought.

If a terrorist organisation were to bomb the olympics, they would obviously have a huge effect and cause masses of damage, and even more deaths that cannot be calculated in monetary terms.

As a backlash from this, the T-O would then have created enemies from every country whose people were effected during the attack. For any organisation, having the whole world hunting you is going to be a bad thing. That's a great way to get your host nation invaded and in turn they will likely turn against you. It's not a logical thing to do.

Thinking about it, all attacks I can think of have had a very limited focus. They have all been focussed on a single country. There has not been an attack that was aimed at multiple countries in a single site, even though the opportunities have been there.

Consider the world cup (football or rugby), then the last olympics in China, or the paralympics, or the cricket, or the winter olympics, or CommonWealth Games, or anything like that. There has never been a direct attack on one of those events, even though the damage potential was HUGE!!!

The last few attacks, or attempted attacks, have been focussed on financial structures, or towards the infrastructure. The last foiled attack was on the Stock Exchange in London. That's not going to kill loads of people, but it will severely damage our financial system!

Think about this Why blow up a bus when you can blow up a football stadium? Which will kill more people? The stadium on match day, obviously. Why not run into a school and blow yourself up there? That would create a massive fear factor! But instead they attacked the business commuting systems. The twin towers were the financial centre of the US. It looks like they're not trying to cause terror, they're attacking specific targets.

The terrorists are not attacking us, the people of the UK. They are attacking our financial system.

Based on this idea, I believe there will be an attack on the olympic buildings before the olympic games, which will cause the games to be called off. This in turn will have such a MASSIVE effect on our finances, then we would be in HUGE problems. People will cancel their tickets, and the £Billions that were coming it would all need to be refunded. Furthermore the security of the UK and it's finances will be questioned and people will draw their money away from the financial markets causing a huge financial crash, bigger than that back in 2007.

Criticisms and opinions on this would be greatly welcomed.
Hmmm... Good scenario. I always find terrorists of any kind seem to do random things that apear to not make much sense, like recently a live bomb was found in Ireland and defused after they told security forces where it was ... dont get that, why not blow it up?? why the "look at me, I can make a bomb" why not put it near a government building?? It was left on a random road.
Same with your scenario why not Parliament or some such place?? why not container ships?? you could bring a country to its knees doing that... why constantly try aircraft??
I mean they could target a cruise ship. But no It's always a plane... As a plan your scenario makes sense but they probably wont do it they'll do some weird random sh*t like blow up a bridge on the m1... or a burger king...I cant seem to find the logic in what they're thinking about, maybe there isnt any? maybe they're all weirdo, attention seekers without even the remotest idea what they're doing because blowing yourself up to get 72 virgins... I mean are they 80 year old virgins???..... all male virgins???....I mean theres that old saying "be careful what you wish for because you might get it but not in the way you want".... I know were infidels and not worthy and all that, but realy the statements they make arent exactly mind blowing are they?
9/11 in the U.S. and the Oklahoma city bombings have vast ammounts of evidence now to support the inside job theory, or the loony patsy that can be used for ulterior motives for certain shadowy figures. Look at our famous Doctor whistle blower that "died" just before giving evidence, and the amazing cleaned apartment with not one fingerprint of the Mi6 agent that was stuffed into a holdall, with a 9 hour delay from finding his body till they called the Police.... Half the time I think random ill educated people are egged on to commit one attrocity or another for some nefarious gain somewhere.
This gain being invisible to ordinary people like us because we're not "running" in they're circles.
Just look at how the cia has been involved in drug running from Afghanistan and the ( U.S.)governments been implicated into supplying millitary grade weaponary to the mexican drug cartels, all proveable I might add and Obama secretly telling a reporter that he's going to hammer the right to bear arms via secret routes... There so much goes on behind closd doors its six of one and a half dozen of the other.
Maybe thats why the "terrorist" targets make no sense because they're not by "real" groups??
All I know is if I were a terrorist I'd go after specific targets that made sense... Maybe they're just "mental" and living in a "mental" world that doesnt make sense? Any body know a terrorist we can ask??
(8 April 2012, 13:13)Scythe13 Wrote: [ -> ]People will cancel their tickets, and the £Billions that were coming it would all need to be refunded.

I'm sure act's of God, Terrorism and war do not lead to refunds, so wouldnt worry about that to much.

If we look at History, The Olympic games were targeted before in 1972 ( Black September )

This resulted in a backlash against the perpertrators rather than any real adverse affect against the host nation.

IMO the greatest threats emerging from the Olympic games is from Organised crime rather than any Terrorist threats, Romanian ATM Scammers etc

the Olympics is such an important event i am sure an attack is being planned, maybe not finalised yet, but i would be surprised if nothing happened.
Guys. This has nothing to do with prepping. I'm going to close this thread. If you want to discuss this stuff then I'm sure you can find another site to do it on. This site is already treading on dangerous ground with some of our controversial subjects.