Survival UK Forums

Full Version: How Worried are you?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
How Worried are you?

As a new Prepper, Putting together my Bob and looking for Bol’s I thought I would pose this question.

For me Prepping is Insurance.

The Car is insured, Home Contents, Building insurance, Even Life insurance.

I’m hoping I’m not gonna need anyone one of them, But sleep better knowing I have them.

I’m 50/50 with the SHTF Scenario, Well probably 60/40 if I’m really honest, But there is a saying if you fail to plan, you plan to fail.

So How worried are you as a percentage that your honed skills will be put to the test?
Prepping is not new it was just forgotten because too many things are handed on a plate to us.

How worried am I well I have a lot of kids so I am very worried for them it’s not what might happen because as far as I can tell we are now living a shtf in the UK, the streets are not safe and my kids are trained because of it.
I train in loads of different ways though.

I keep up to date with finances, so I'm watching the markets.

I do loads of fitness work, which has millions of uses.

I am learning First Aid.....

I am learning about foraging and the alike.

I'm learning bushcraft and loads of those skills.

The odds of me using the skills depends on which skills. I'd say there's a 90% chance I'll use first aid. At the same time, there's a 100% chance I'll Be using that...every payday.

But if you mean, what do I think about the chances of needing to put my overall survival skills to used....I'd say around 65-70%, which is a conservative estimate.
thats my worry the same as w&c
at the moment, i wouldn't say i'm worried at all, i'm just keeping an eye on what is going on and planning accordingly. we've got a possible fuel strike coming up so i've been getting my petrol stocks up to date, couple more cans to fill then thats it. i see there is a possible teachers strike in the offing, dont know how that would effect me as i have no kids, apart from meaning more kids on the street on strike days that is, possible Spanish air strike being mentioned, again not sure how that would effect me as i havent flown since 1977! so i'm not too worried, i'll take it in my stride and deal with it as and when it happens.
(9 April 2012, 11:07)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]at the moment, i wouldn't say i'm worried at all, i'm just keeping an eye on what is going on and planning accordingly. we've got a possible fuel strike coming up so i've been getting my petrol stocks up to date, couple more cans to fill then thats it. i see there is a possible teachers strike in the offing, dont know how that would effect me as i have no kids, apart from meaning more kids on the street on strike days that is, possible Spanish air strike being mentioned, again not sure how that would effect me as i havent flown since 1977! so i'm not too worried, i'll take it in my stride and deal with it as and when it happens.
Bout the same, bout the same.
I have kids but It's my job to educate them and when needed protect them and equip them to protect themselves as and when necesary if anything kicks off. I had them, well the wife actualy had them, my part was a piece of pi** so I as a responsible parent should, teach, look after, encourage, etc... etc...being a good parent is hard work, being a good parent and a prepper is harder work, but enjoyable.

I don't do much prepping. When I buy food I am not prepping but merely stocking the pantry.

Prepping to me is expending resources, time, effort and/or money on an insurance policy. Something I hope that I will never use but am willing to spend the resource so that if something happens it will make my life easier.

I don't see a major event like a nuclear war or an asteroid impact but I do see we could easily be in a disrupted society by government ineptitude and outside interference.
aint that the truth SD? i dont have any caches, nor do i have food stored under the bed or in the wardrobe-as i have seen mentioned on other sites, we have a large alcove in the hall and that is shelved out with second hand bookcases, this is where we store ALL our tinned food, which is then rotated, newest at the back, oldest to the front and used first. we also have 2 freezers 1 in the kitchen and the other in the "Garage"-in reality a double sized garden shed 12ftX8ft, these house all our frozen food including our meat supplies, chickens, pork, mutton, goat etc. we keep all these supplies fully stocked up, this week we are 100% stocked so we can take a week off food buying and start again next week. as far as the future holds we try to plan for all eventualities, from economic downturn to full blown TEOTWAWKI, but hope that it-whatever IT is-never happens. prepping is insurance, you have it in case you need it, but you hope you never need it.
Same as Mike with the children im more worried about looking after them and how they will cope. Percentage wise 50/50
Not worried as such but think I'm a good 50/60% concerned that an economic collapse maybe on the cards.
Pages: 1 2 3