Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Interesting Projects
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Interesting Project

Saw this online, Perhaps one of you Tinkerers can get started on the first prototype, The bit im interested in starts at about 3.30 into the Video :-)

God Bless them yanks lol
Seen them. Think SouthernPrepper1 has that. His friends an engineer or something.

Back in the 50's and 60's people were still considering and designing steam powered cars.
I'm watching the video now, and yeah, that's the guy, SouthernPrepper1

I'm more interested in cetain types of algea that can produce enough gases to fuel a car!
Wood gasified engines were commonplace during WW2. I want one that powers a generator.
I'm with TOF on this. I'd rather have power than transport as first use.
It's a lot of effort to go to if you find out later you can't use the road network or that it makes you too vulnerable a target.. How far would you wish to roam in a PSHTF scenario?

It might be more usable now with the way fuel prices are going. I thought it was interesting myself not long ago. Alcohol is a doable fuel too & you would not have to start from scratch to build a vehicles powerplant, rather it would be a tried |& tested conversion that is used in many places already.
I think the massive expense of the car would be impractical for me. Also, considering I prep for insurance, but I don't believe a MASSIVE SHTF is guaranteed, I think it would be too expensive for me. I was designing a PSHTF vehicle based around the Navy SEALs 1990's DPV, but figured the expense today would outweigh the benefits tomorrow (I really hope I don't end up regretting posting that).