Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Diet Change
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Everyone.

Just a quick note on a change I've recently done.

Having got my own place and an abundance of freedom in the relationship department, one thing I'm now doing is getting my diet back to how it used to be!

What does this mean for you?

Well, if you have a healthy diet it allows your body to develop, grow, strengthen, flex, recover, exert, and work more efficiently!

Keys say that you eat an unhealthy diet, but exercise lots. Your internal health will not be good. So by combining a healthy diet with exercise, your internal health will be great, but your physical prowess will be great!

The reverse is also true, good diet, bad fitness, means you'll be in the same situation as bad diet, good fitness. It might sound odd, but you'll be amazed how true it is. If you're not exercising, the benefits of the good diet (proteins, nutrients, etc) are not going to be properly utilised by the body.

Exercise and eat well! It'll give you much better chances of survival!
we have always tried to eat well, all the meat we buy is best quality, some is organic like the goat meat, eggs are all free range, in the summer months we stock up on fruit and veg from small producers and we grow a lot of our own fruit and veg on the allotment. i think where i fall down is in the exercise department! as a 63 year old(64 tomorrow) i probably dont exercise as much as i should, i am out with the dog for an hour a day every day, and we visit a lot of country markets so a lot of walking about there too, i'm going to get some new tyres for my old bicycle soon so i think i'll take the bike out, maybe on a weekly basis, once i've done that, i've never been one for organised exercise though, i'm not into team sports, i'm not much into team anything.
(11 April 2012, 10:43)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]we have always tried to eat well, all the meat we buy is best quality, some is organic like the goat meat, eggs are all free range, in the summer months we stock up on fruit and veg from small producers and we grow a lot of our own fruit and veg on the allotment. i think where i fall down is in the exercise department! as a 63 year old(64 tomorrow) i probably dont exercise as much as i should, i am out with the dog for an hour a day every day, and we visit a lot of country markets so a lot of walking about there too, i'm going to get some new tyres for my old bicycle soon so i think i'll take the bike out, maybe on a weekly basis, once i've done that, i've never been one for organised exercise though, i'm not into team sports, i'm not much into team anything.

That's really cool that you are able to look at yourself and be totally unbiased about it. Loads of people probably think, I do enough exercise for me. So the fact you say that you know you fall short is really good.

I'm not one for many of the current team sports either. However, you may like a martial art or something else that can be practiced solo?
bp try tai chi it,s good for old people lol
happy birthday for tomorrow
(11 April 2012, 11:23)grumpy old man Wrote: [ -> ]bp try tai chi it,s good for old people lol

All joking asside, Tai Chi is probably the best thing to start off with. It's slow and a big boring to start off, but after a while you'll suddenly have a brilliant sense of balance, and you'll feel really good for that.
i masterbate a lot does that count???TongueTongueTongue
no mike but soneone side once you need to watch your eyes with that sport lol
(11 April 2012, 11:32)grumpy old man Wrote: [ -> ]no mike but soneone side once you need to watch your eyes with that sport lol

i think you mean, as in going blind??
god my spelling that should be (someone said) not soneone side the brain working faster than the hand
i guess your hand works fast mike lol
That is why you store what you eat now so there are not too many changes going on at the same time. You want to minimise the shocks to your system.
Pages: 1 2