Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Welcoming People Back
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Everyone

This is not related to anyone in particular, but I'm just making a quick comment and would like to see how people would react.

Obviously some people leave the forum then come back. Some people leave from bad feelings or circumstances, then come back. Some leave from arguments, then come back. Some people leave with harsh words and they came back.

The reason I'm asking this is because we have had a few people leave recently, and with the way everything is turning, no doubt they'd be coming back and checking things out. But likely they might be too worried to post on here to ask those questions.

For example, AlyBear and I are no longer a couple. She was never into prepping that much, but loved the camping and outdoors part of it all. if she was to come online, I believe she would be welcomed into the fold and shown the same love and respect that I am shown (hopefully she would have more affection from Mike than I get haha).

If someone has left the forum, or not posted in AGES, then I think we should show them the same kind of passion and care that was shown in the Bible parable of the prodigle son. We should welcome them back, regardless of what they've done, who they are, or anything like that. But also, we shouldn't bring certain things back up. Neither should we expect an apology.

Does that sound reasonable?
sounds good to me! we are a family-we hold no grudges, sometimes these things happen in the best families, everyone is welcome.Big Grin
yep i second that folks
Thirded :-)
I don't understand why this is even being discussed. Everyone is welcome here as long as they are not abusive to others. No need to even mention it. Has someone commented.

Oh Scythe, Allybear is a member in her own right. We don't link people unless they want to. She posted here and is always welcome here anyway. I'll PM her and make sure she understands.
(11 April 2012, 11:51)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand why this is even being discussed. Everyone is welcome here as long as they are not abusive to others. No need to even mention it. Has someone commented.

Oh Scythe, Allybear is a member in her own right. We don't link people unless they want to. She posted here and is always welcome here anyway. I'll PM her and make sure she understands.

I get what you're saying, but I'm not making this post for AlyBear. I'm just using her as an example. She knows she can post and if she has any questions, she can always just call me up, or she can call RJ, or post on here, or message you, or anything. She's fine.

It's for the other people that may have left and gone away. BP, NR and Mike have all had issues on here, but they got resolved and everything was sorted, but they are all established and knew there wouldn't be hard feelings against them. I'm writing this for those that are not as established.

I want any new members to feel they can leave, but that they are also welcomed back, under pretty much any circumstances.
double dead leg for you now. pow pow!!!
only joking big boy. why are you leaving sythe old buddy old pal?
Haha, you wish I was leaving!

No, I'm staying. Just think that we've had a few people not post for a while, and others that have left the forum, and I wanted to let people know that even if they do leave, that we welcome them back.

I know NR has taken a back seat, but again, he knows we'll all welcome him back. AlyBear might not post on here, but she's welcome to (and I think she knows that. I text her telling her I was using her as an example for other people). YorkshireLass has left, but she'd be welcomed back with smiles. Terry hasn't posted in AGES, but we'd all be happy to hear from him, and many many more.

So this is just a way to say to anyone that has gone away and is coming back, it would be great to hear from you and nobody has anything against anyone on here.
damn thought it was too good to be true...suppose were stuck with you for the long haul...
(11 April 2012, 12:23)mikebratcher69 Wrote: [ -> ]damn thought it was too good to be true...suppose were stuck with you for the long haul...

Stuck with me for the long haul? I'm the one driving this train haha! I'm in it til the end mate!!! Which.....from these volcanos and earthquakes, might not be too far away haha.
Pages: 1 2