Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Purchaseable Antibiotics.....Seems fishy to me!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Fair enough. What is the shelf life of these anyway?
I'm going to assume pretty long, because often medication loses a little of its potency as it goes past the use by date. But losing a little power still makes it worth taking!
and we know what assumptions do.
(17 April 2012, 17:11)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]and we know what assumptions do.

Save the day?
Usually the opposite.
Antibiotics last for years after the use by date, check out The patriotic Nurse on you tube, she has some great videos and one on this subject.
(17 April 2012, 14:48)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Fair enough. What is the shelf life of these anyway?

It takes a bit of practice SD, getting it up is easy enough when you breath right but holding it is the hard part cause at that point you will want to cough, a cough is the lungs natural way of expelling some there that shouldn't be there, that's the bit that takes practice.

(13 April 2012, 13:34)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]The yoga thing sounds a bit queer to me, this is better (especially for those of us who enjoy martial arts) as it has more than one application. We studied it quite heavily during Wing Chun training.

Qi Gong

How do you know it's better?
Unless your into lung physiotherapy where you all but turn yourself upside down to allow the crap to come out, only way to get it out is to breath deeply to release it from the base of the lungs, but what ever technique is used, you still need to hold it long enough for the Doctor to listen to your chest.
I thought I remembered hearing that Anti-B's lasted ages.
One thing that I have always done is to visit the local pharmacy in the various countries that I visit on holidays, in many places you can buy Antibiotics over the counter and so I like to stock up. Though I have never had any with a shelf life beyond 3 years. Even in some European countries where, like the UK, Antibiotics are only available via prescription can sometimes be obtained without one if you visit local pharmacies outwith large Cities and normal tourist areas. Never be afraid to ask to speak with the pharmacist and ask them to provide them for you. The worst that can happen is being told to 'Go Away'...
(25 April 2012, 19:34)Clansmen63 Wrote: [ -> ]One thing that I have always done is to visit the local pharmacy in the various countries that I visit on holidays, in many places you can buy Antibiotics over the counter and so I like to stock up. Though I have never had any with a shelf life beyond 3 years. Even in some European countries where, like the UK, Antibiotics are only available via prescription can sometimes be obtained without one if you visit local pharmacies outwith large Cities and normal tourist areas. Never be afraid to ask to speak with the pharmacist and ask them to provide them for you. The worst that can happen is being told to 'Go Away'...

I've tried this in regards to bodbuilding's "Chemical Nutrition" element haha. For legal reasons, I'm not saying how it went. But.....it went pretty well haha. Next time I'm on a holiday (when my pay doubled) I'm doing it again.
my new question is.........
medication shelf life, when shtf will anybody be looking to see if its in date. as long as it works
Pages: 1 2 3