Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Colony
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14
Carried on from the initial question about clubbing together. To get us started I would guess that where are we going to go should be the first question.

So I suggest North Wales along the coast towards Anglesea but inland slightly,about 5 miles.
organisation is the key what are the resources like
Surrounding area - land type - contour of land ?
General assesment of local pop ?

General threat assessment ?
Safety = Are we hidden ? + good location , can we defend it easily ?
Shelter = existing buildings ? What cover from elements ?
Supplies = Existing supplies ? , local wildlife , water source ?

Sorry - I think like the Soldier I was 20+ years ago , it's a hard habit to kick.
I see only challenges to be overcome , and not the gains to be won from them.

Barney,

Us. That is what the suggestion is.

I've been prepping for decades. Have lots of it and supplies. SGC and FAC holder and live near Chester.

Local Ned,

It makes sense.

Land is generally agricultural with little industry. Low population density. No major urban areas. Local pop are generally OK. Some are rabidly Anti English due to work and economic issues but expect no real problems because they set fire to things. Population speak Welsh so almost in code already.

We can find a well hidden off the beaten track location in the hills with streams and fertile land. There is shelter avialable but more would be needed, plenty of woodlands. Weather is cold though from the Irish Sea. Local wildlife is available and fishing available as well. Plenty of fresh water is available.

The area is heavily wooded and hilly. Certain places can see for miles and there are few main roads. Threat level low.
SD dont under stand the us part i was speaking about the whole my friend
(17 April 2012, 20:16)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]SD dont under stand the us part i was speaking about the whole my friend

OK. I misunderstood.

The resources are what we bring with us and what is available there.

There is plenty of fertile land, there is plenty of water. The place is cold though but not too bad.

There are plenty of woods, wildlife and few humans away from the towns. There is a sea a few miles away and a major road wind along the coast. There are a few quarries and no real industry to speak of.

What else do you need to know?

Sorry - I think like the Soldier I was 20+ years ago , it's a hard habit to kick.
I see only challenges to be overcome , and not the gains to be won from them.

- Ok I see where your heading - Gwydyr Forest park ?

Critique - Location , Mountainous , some forested areas , plenty of water courses. Very little built up areas apart from hamlets.

Anglesey to north - 7 Mls away roughly. Anglesey is a natural strongpoint with its 2 access bridges as a chokepoint which should be easy to defend.

Expect a large group to be in or around this controlling movement.
Expect foragers to be in the Gwydyr area for exactly the same reasons we are.
Gwydyr area also a natural staging point for any movement into Anglesey.

(17 April 2012, 20:22)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]
(17 April 2012, 20:16)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]SD dont under stand the us part i was speaking about the whole my friend

OK. I misunderstood.

The resources are what we bring with us and what is available there.

There is plenty of fertile land, there is plenty of water. The place is cold though but not too bad.

There are plenty of woods, wildlife and few humans away from the towns. There is a sea a few miles away and a major road wind along the coast. There are a few quarries and no real industry to speak of.

What else do you need to know?

SD please dont think i was being out of order i have lots of respect for you and your years of knoledge im new at this typing stuff cant get across what i would like sometimes
Ok.
Assuming very little threat - priorities for the colony need to be shelter and location should ideally be a compromise between shelter , safety , security.

Obvious local building source - Stone , slate.
Types of quick shelters - lean to's or tents surrounded by low stone walls to start with.
Central location drop off point for supplies...higher stone walls , existing 'cottage' type derelict perhaps ?
(17 April 2012, 20:40)The Local Ned Wrote: [ -> ]Ok.
Assuming very little threat - priorities for the colony need to be shelter and location should ideally be a compromise between shelter , safety , security.

Obvious local building source - Stone , slate.
Types of quick shelters - lean to's or tents surrounded by low stone walls to start with.
Central location drop off point for supplies...higher stone walls , existing 'cottage' type derelict perhaps ?

like the way you think my friead
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14