Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Resting heart beats
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I would be interested to know what resting heart beats us preppers average although I understand if people don't want to post theirs.

Mine sitting now at the pc is 55 to 58 and is the same when I first wake, if you don't want to post on the forum PM me it will help me scale a few things, thanks.
no idea what my heart rate is sleeping or otherwise,my blood pressure is a bit high at the moment, doc's appointment on tuesday!
(21 April 2012, 11:49)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]no idea what my heart rate is sleeping or otherwise,my blood pressure is a bit high at the moment, doc's appointment on tuesday!

Let us know how you get on might be able to help if you are told you just need to do some exercise.

How to take your pulse

1. Place the tips of your index, second, and third fingers on the palm side of your other wrist, below the base of the thumb. Or, place the tips of your index and second fingers on your lower neck, on either side of your windpipe.

2. Press lightly with your fingers until you feel the blood pulsing beneath your fingers. You might need to move your fingers around slightly up or down until you feel the pulsing.

3. Use a watch with a second hand, or look at a clock with a second hand.

4. Count the beats you feel for 10 seconds. Multiply this number by six to get your heart rate (pulse) per minute.

http://www.topendsports.com/testing/hear...-chart.htm
My heart rate is sitting about 65 sometimes a but higher, but I am ill at the minute haha
75, normal heart beat is 60-100 resting I think
Here is a chart.

[Image: zZguhJ9JGRhuHExWuie532MVh.jpg]

[Image: apwRs2zEJCpJQ36j4fhZBL4oC.jpg]
I'm still smoking so mines bound to be a bit fast
mine is excellent for my age. About 6 years ago it was 80+ but I also used to play video games about 6 hours day after work and exist off redbull and catch up sleep under a desk at work.
I’m bang on 1 beat a second at the moment, so 60. So that chart says at 34 I would be in the excellent category, but I think it’s actually lowish more because I’m built like an ogre, and have a very slow metabolism, than above average fitness. I remember when we did this test at school, I came out as one of the fittest… and I clearly was not. The only sport I always won at school was arm wrestling, and that is hardly cardio-intensive.

People tend to call on me when they want something heavy lifted, not when they want someone to run somewhere.
66 bpm sitting here typing.
I'm 55+ so according to wetandcold's charts, I'm GOOD.
BUT it's Saturday night so it might get a bit faster later if my lucks in.

Pages: 1 2 3