Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Mystery Parcel - Challenge Bonus!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Everyone

This is an update of some prepping benefits....in a way...kind of...ish....

Well, today I had a mystery parcel arrive. It was big and said "£11.25" with a huge first class stamp on it. Before I go into this parcel, let me explain what happened. As most of you will remember WetnCold set a challenge to make bread over a fire. Not the hardest challenge, but one that many people have probably never done. As I am always up for a challenge, I set to making bread. What I made was FAR from bread in it's resemblance. However, for taste, it was very much like bread. Since nobody else participated in the challenge, WnC declared me the winner by process of "the only other person that tried." Shocking hu?!?!? Trying is more important than success.

WnC made me an offer, accept the prize offered, the sexy knife, or go for a mystery prize?!?!?

Well you all know me. I'm easily excited!!!

MYSTERY PRIZE!!!!!
(although I did say to WnC that the lesson was enough, he insisted I accept something for actually having a go)

That pretty much brings us to my current situation. Me, sat on my bed, with a big parcel (no innuendo meant). This has taught me that WnC is a hugely respectable guy and is a genuine man of his word (Massive respect WnC!!!). This strange huge beast of a parcel contains a green tubular bag with instructions on it. Inside that bag is.....well......put it this way, next time I go camping in the good weather, I have a new tent to try out!!!

I've had a rant about people trying and participating in the challenges, but this is going to be one of those "HAHA, Told you so!" moments that we all like to gloat over.

Please people take part in the challenges! They're great fun, and they're meant to be enjoyed. For some of them I'll provide a random prize (random in what it is and what challenges they're given in). Not all challenges have a random prize, but they all teach us valuable lessons. So give them a go!

Much respect goes out to WnC. Thank you.

And to everyone taking part in the fire challenge and even those seasoned veterans that can spout fire from their beards, they're that used to doing such a simple task.....give it a go and help others learn!!!