Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Bad times
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Oh NO!!!

Just had some of the worst news ever! The mother in law is looking to move down to Southampton. She's coming down to check out flats tomorrow Sad

I presume she'll bloody well get one, which means not only do I have to put up with her EVERY DAY - but should TSHTF there'll be another USELESS mouth to feed. Time to start training Winston to bite EVERYONE!
(22 May 2012, 15:30)00111001 Wrote: [ -> ]Oh NO!!!

Just had some of the worst news ever! The mother in law is looking to move down to Southampton. She's coming down to check out flats tomorrow Sad

I presume she'll bloody well get one, which means not only do I have to put up with her EVERY DAY - but should TSHTF there'll be another USELESS mouth to feed. Time to start training Winston to bite EVERYONE!
that is bad news! personally i've always got on with the MIL...all 3 of em! makes life easier that way, mind you i've never had them living with me or near me!!
Just make sure that she understands her role. As it is the MIL that is just cleaning and cooking. See if she can gut rabbits and pigeons.

Oh, and I never said that. Smile
so sorry to here that mate my thouhts are with you at this bad timeSad
Poor Winston will get food poisoning.

Maybe it won't be that bad, she might have skills that are useful PSHTF- diversion, human shield, portable roadblock, etc.
Thankyou for your kind words in this traumatic time. I'm devastated. Already applying for jobs further afield! Taunton an Scotland. MUST GET FURTHER AWAY!
That is a good plan however you must ask yourself why she came down to Southampton? If it is to be closer to her daughter then when you move your missus may invite her mum to stay at yours while she relocates from her new place in Southampton. Especially if you move somewhere more expensive and she can't afford it.

That would be much worse.
(22 May 2012, 21:34)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]That is a good plan however you must ask yourself why she came down to Southampton? If it is to be closer to her daughter then when you move your missus may invite her mum to stay at yours while she relocates from her new place in Southampton. Especially if you move somewhere more expensive and she can't afford it.

That would be much worse.

Oh God Sad

Still, my profession appears to be in demand in Canada. I did the online test, and as long as I can find a job we can get permanent residence. Just immediate family though Big Grin

First, My deepest sympathies, I suggest you have a large libation and put the Dog on high alert.
Second, Get yourself and Winston a Manshed, after all the Dog deserves a bolthole too. Have all mod cons fitted and disguised, then fill it with stuff and have an open tub of used engine oil open by the door. The smell will usually keep non prepper type women at bay.
Make sure she knows that it's not safe to be out in the evening/night, she might at least then restrict her visits to daytime while you are at work. And whatever you do... DO NOT allow Mrs 00111001 to offer your services as a taxi.
Finally, if all else fails put a positive spin on this and look upon this as escape and evasion training for you, the Dog and any family member who cares to join up! Good luck.

P.S. Yes I am a person of the female type persuasion, but i had the mother in law from hell too!

(23 May 2012, 08:45)TOF Wrote: [ -> ]First, My deepest sympathies, I suggest you have a large libation and put the Dog on high alert.
Second, Get yourself and Winston a Manshed, after all the Dog deserves a bolthole too. Have all mod cons fitted and disguised, then fill it with stuff and have an open tub of used engine oil open by the door. The smell will usually keep non prepper type women at bay.
Make sure she knows that it's not safe to be out in the evening/night, she might at least then restrict her visits to daytime while you are at work. And whatever you do... DO NOT allow Mrs 00111001 to offer your services as a taxi.
Finally, if all else fails put a positive spin on this and look upon this as escape and evasion training for you, the Dog and any family member who cares to join up! Good luck.

P.S. Yes I am a person of the female type persuasion, but i had the mother in law from hell too!

Some great idea's there TOF! Thanks.

I'll be clearing out the shed.. eerrrrrr... mancave at the weekend. If I can get power to it I'll set it up as a Safe Room. I could even cut a hole in the back, through the shed and the fence - ready to escape!

I did tell the missus that I was now going to train the dog to bite EVERYONE (apart from me, her an the little 'un) but I got told off for that. Can you train a dog to piss on someone?? Big Grin
Pages: 1 2 3