Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Fitness and lack of it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(sorry for re-post, just noticed this section)

Just went for my first run in about seven weeks. Last time I ran I competed in a half marathon with a bad chest infection (really stupid thing to do) and it floored me.

Things learned.

1) If you are ill... Rest properly.
2) It's amazing how fast your fitness goes. I did three, slow miles tonight and it was hard work. I would not have gotten out of breath before doing that.

To me, being fit is so important if TSHTF, and not just in a physical sense, it really helps your mental health as well.

What do the rest of you do to keep trim?
do boxing mma and fast walk dont run because of shin splints hurt like a bastard
I'll delete the old one.
(22 May 2012, 19:09)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]do boxing mma and fast walk dont run because of shin splints hurt like a bastard

I walk a lot, cycle (when I get my bike back from Wales) and I do a spot of bouldering every now and then. I make sure I can still lift my body weight a few times on a regular basis anyway. Used to climb loads when I was a skinny whippet.

i'm hobbling about the house at the mo, came off the blooming bicycle yesterday..fluffed the gear change and it literally threw me off...mostly gravel rash but i banged up my left ankle and its sore as hell so not walking far for a few days.Tongue
and that is how easy it is to get screwed after an event. Glad it wasn't too bad.
(23 May 2012, 10:03)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]and that is how easy it is to get screwed after an event. Glad it wasn't too bad.
oh, its just me being cack-handed as usual, its a new bike and its only about my 3rd time riding it, not got used to the gears yet...i have to push the lever and wait for it to click into gear..well i got it wrong, didnt push it far enough over..and i paid the price for it, nothing broken just cuts and bruises, but its blo#dy sore!Big Grin
Easy done Paul. Hope it get's sorted soon.

(23 May 2012, 13:46)Morgan Wrote: [ -> ]Easy done Paul. Hope it get's sorted soon.

yeah, its getting better every time i walk on it...just taken the dog for her usual after lunch walk...couple of days it should be back to normal....thanks guys!!
My fitness is getting back to where it should be.

In a week I try to: Run, cycle (hitting the turbo trainer over the winter), MMA (I teach BJJ as well), as well as normal gym 4+ times a week. Although the last few months have seen those decline due to work and home situation.

Will be back climbing indoors soon, and if there's good snow....out on my board!!! It's all about fitness for me!
Pages: 1 2 3