Survival UK Forums

Full Version: food banks and soup runs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I thought I would post this as its been on my mind with all the troubles
In the event of people losing jobs being made homeless or just financial strife, there are places to go to get food in emergencies spread across the country. Most cities and large towns have food banks which normally allow people to have upto 72hrs food although you do need to get vouchers from social services or homeless centres.
Soup runs are across the country as well these are normally run by groups of churches. Provided hot drinks sandwiches cakes biscuits clothing and blankets or sleeping bags depending on the area.
If you ever find yourself needing these services you can normally ask a big issue seller.
my survival is in my hands and no one elses( well, maybe the wife'sBig Grin) if i have to go to a food bank or a soup kitchen i am not in command of my own future and i know i have failed.
hand outs and soup kitchens are great but you will then come under the control of the army. you will have controled movement ect. Do we really want that? I for one would rarther forage, raid, hunt and fish before even considering it
This is for now and for people you may know who have fallen on hard times. Granted we may know where to get food but the majority of people don't. These are for short term use I.E. Awaiting benefits which can take two weeks or longer.
This was just for general information
so you are saying people/sheeple havent got enough food to last a fortnight?? but i bet they've got their foreign holiday all booked, its a case of getting their priorities right!
Maybe some people should get their priorities right but in some cases these people don't deserve to be in the situation. I have known people in the pub trade that had a live in job one day the next their out on the streets no warning no belongings and in some cases no money and no offence but if that information helps one person then I'm glad I posted it.
Like everything else there are people that deserve it and people that don't, people that can fix it and people that can't and people that could have prepared and those that don't

Sometimes no matter what you do and how much planning and preps you put in place something hasppens and you are screwed.
Thank you some else can see from where I'm coming from. The food banks vouchers are only given to those who need them. The soup runs help anyone in need all I was trying to get across if you find yourself or people you know in a situation these places will help.
when i was unemployed, there were NO food banks or soup kitchens, i had no one to rely on but myself, i was divorced at the time and my parents had passed away, so if i hadnt had the sense to store some food i would have been in a right mess, this was a long time before i became a prepper, it just made sense not to run out of food. what i am saying is we cannot rely on other people to feed us, we have to look out for ourselves. once we rely on outside agencies or other people we do not control our own destinies.
I can see your point but unfortunately most people outside of prepping won't when it comes to being hungry and cold.
Pages: 1 2