Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Possible useful BOL for our Scots members?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

What a shocking waste. People are desperate for housing and places like this stand rotting away.
Unfortunately there aren't any jobs in this area. It would need a big investment in manufacturing businesses first. I can only think that you would be able to evacuate there in a survival situation and lie low. Cover the open roof with a tarpaulin and barricade the entrances and windows. Grow your own food and keep a few animals. Kenneth Eames.
hmmh...prepper settlement? looks like it has possibilities, could do with some "renovation"!
when something happens i know im going up to scotland. lots of hiding places, lots of open land in the highlands just like that place, and its higher land, less chance of flooding
if i win the lotto this weekend i will buy a place like that as soon as a check goes through
At first glance it looks perfect. Upon closer inspection there's a dark blue van and what looks like at least 1 other white car by the cottages to the right hand side. Those cottages also look reasonably well kept and the gardens have been looked after, so I don't think the area is quite as deserted as the article makes out. The "ghost village" is literally a stones throw from at least 5 buildings that look occupied.
Shocking waste - thats high calibre country , with accompanying shotguns.
A lot of the locals will be employed in the surrounding estates ?

Wouldn't like to bug out there and get a high velocity round through the erse cheeks lol...I would be very wary.
there are a lot of expensive looking boats in the harbour/marina so i dont think its as abandoned as the mail makes out!