Survival UK Forums

Full Version: i found this book
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
in my local weekly market, it cost me 50p, anyone heard of this one?, its new to me: "Left Behind" by Tim LaHaye & Jerry B. Jenkins....apparently-according to the blurb on the back-there is a Left Behind series!
Yes I believe Left Behind is one of a series of fictional novels that tells the tale of the people who are left behind after the religious event called Judgement day orTribulation or Rapture IIRC, I find any book with a religous influence usually gets used as toilet paper when I'm out camping like J W Rawles last book Survivors which was supposed to be a story about a post apoc survivors fighting his way home, but it turned out to be a piece of garbage used by Rawles to mention religion every other page.
you make me giggle NR Big Grin so didnt like that book then mate
yes, OH found a review which said it was on the religious side, i havent started reading it yet, i am still in the middle of Earth Abides!!
Can't miss the cannibal liberals in his first book Big Grin
(26 June 2012, 16:08)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]you make me giggle NR Big Grin so didnt like that book then mate

Dont get me wrong please, Jim Rawles first book ( Triple ought) PATRIOTS is a superb classic that is in my top ten fictional books, but his follow on is just an excuse for him to turn happy clapper and try and ram the KGV bloody bible down our throats right through the whole book, I gave up on it half way through.
(26 June 2012, 16:37)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]yes, OH found a review which said it was on the religious side, i havent started reading it yet, i am still in the middle of Earth Abides!!

Now EARTH ABIDES is a far sighted work of art its absolutely brilliant, I love the way the smallest value currency evolves into the most valuable currency when dimes and quarters become the perfect material for hammering into arrow heads.
(26 June 2012, 17:15)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(26 June 2012, 16:08)Barneyboy Wrote: [ -> ]you make me giggle NR Big Grin so didnt like that book then mate

Dont get me wrong please, Jim Rawles first book ( Triple ought) PATRIOTS is a superb classic that is in my top ten fictional books, but his follow on is just an excuse for him to turn happy clapper and try and ram the KGV bloody bible down our throats right through the whole book, I gave up on it half way through.
(26 June 2012, 16:37)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]yes, OH found a review which said it was on the religious side, i havent started reading it yet, i am still in the middle of Earth Abides!!

Now EARTH ABIDES is a far sighted work of art its absolutely brilliant, I love the way the smallest value currency evolves into the most valuable currency when dimes and quarters become the perfect material for hammering into arrow heads.

love that book lent it to my dad he said i want to read that lot of crap ,read it two days he didnt put it down loved it
Still reckon Alas Babylon is the all time number 1