Survival UK Forums

Full Version: LS and SD opinions required please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2 July 2012, 11:08)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]This help at all ?

http://www.catastrophenetwork.org/?p=440

I'd say that this is the right kind of thinking, but it is exclusive to ham radio operators. No license = no call sign, no callsign and nobody will talk to you....

Similar thinking but for UK preppers using licence free frequencies is how i see it going.

Earlier mention on the nmain site about interfacing CB27/81 with raynet is intruiging. After an event this is certainly doable. I believe that pre event there will be legal/ regulatory difficulties that will not allow that interface to open formally.

On SUK site and forum, I am keeping to open access license free solutions wherever possible.
Guys,

We should get as close to that as we can imo. Forget the hams not speaking. I'm not bothered before an event and after an event it'll be us not speaking to them.
(2 July 2012, 11:34)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Guys,

We should get as close to that as we can imo. Forget the hams not speaking. I'm not bothered before an event and after an event it'll be us not speaking to them.

SD
Kind of with you on this. We should go it alone, making and testing our own systems as we progress.

The Ham guys value their licenses and privileges and must respect the rules that govern their activities. I have no doubt whatsoever taht post event the likes of Raynet will reach out for us, indeed that will undobtedly be watching / listening to our preparations and making plans to do so, especially if we are seen to be well organised andour systems viable.
LS,

Happy with that. I understand following the Stasi rules atm and don't intend to step on their toes at all.

I just want to make sure we are doing what is best for us after an event when it will be too late to revisit. We need to get it right first time and without knowing what event we talk about.
Good i concur,(how about getting that dude with the Raynet link to talk to us as well). Keep up the good work you two and i wont need to do the sexual abuse with the rough end of a pineapple bit Smile
I'd like to see much more awareness between the ham/raynet community and the prepper community, although there are issues of licencing that separate the 2 groups.

I believe that there is scope for working together if there are prepper groups around that can talk to the local Raynet groups, the main difficulty is finding each other before a disaster - once we are in the middle of a shtf scenario I think anyone using a radio would quickly find others so long as they have thought about keeping their kit powered without mains electric.
(2 July 2012, 22:51)Martin200261 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see much more awareness between the ham/raynet community and the prepper community, although there are issues of licencing that separate the 2 groups.

I believe that there is scope for working together if there are prepper groups around that can talk to the local Raynet groups, the main difficulty is finding each other before a disaster - once we are in the middle of a shtf scenario I think anyone using a radio would quickly find others so long as they have thought about keeping their kit powered without mains electric.

There is still massive amounts of commonality and room for mutual cooperation between the Raynet community and the prepper community, I'll gladly sit down and talk with their CO for exploratory discussions.
(2 July 2012, 22:51)Martin200261 Wrote: [ -> ]I'd like to see much more awareness between the ham/raynet community and the prepper community, although there are issues of licencing that separate the 2 groups.

Martin,

do you think Raynet would be prepared to hold "user-group" meetings with us ( and any other prepper groups taht would like to join in to discuss options to coordinated emergency communications ( and more importantly comms testing pre-event) with us ?

It seems to me that aims of both groups are complimentary...
LS,

What do you mean by us? I would envisage from what I have read here about Raynet that they will have all the preppers in their group already and thus any who want to go the ham route from here and sign up for licenses would likely join that group as well. I do see them as being more than complimentary.

I'm not sure that someone from this group who won't be going for a ham license would be interested in talking just about ham radio. Now maybe as a widen discussion on communications, power, etc. but certainly not just ham stuff.

I would be interested in others views here.
Pages: 1 2 3