Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Radio comment on the residents of the upper dales
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Heard this tonight 2nd hand and made me realise our community is much bigger than we generally accept its just many people dont realise they are preppers.

A Rural planning officer on a local radio station was sharing the air time with someone from one of the local tourism agencies.

The lady from the tourism agency was asked by the host
" What do you think is the most astounding feature of the upper dales?"

She replied the " great open wilderness spaces that are beautiful to behold for visitors to the dales"

The host asked the guy from the planning experts the same question and he said

" Yes its beautiful but in my world the dales are becoming known for everyone fitting solar panels, micro wind turbines, polytunnels, chicken coupes and racing up and down hills looking for steams with a fast enough flow to fit micro archemedes screws to power their homes."
We have a lot of people doing that here as well. But they neglect the Food and Water storage. If things go wrong and Survival becomes a necessity, then they will starve. I don't own my home but after this situation arrives and these sheeple die, I shall have a free home and live in reasonable comfort. I can only say thank you to these Sheeple. Kenneth Eames.
simply brilliant!

im going to be going to look for some lost WW2 bunkers soon, i know the forest they're in but no one knows the exact location anymore Smile...only 12 people knew about them, and they all dead! so all those lovely ww2 goodies is mine Big Grin
does anyone do metal detecting, cause i need some advice on the subject Smile
(8 July 2012, 12:27)Hrusai Wrote: [ -> ]simply brilliant!

im going to be going to look for some lost WW2 bunkers soon, i know the forest they're in but no one knows the exact location anymore Smile...only 12 people knew about them, and they all dead! so all those lovely ww2 goodies is mine Big Grin
does anyone do metal detecting, cause i need some advice on the subject Smile
I've dabbled in both metal detecting and Urbex. I would recommend trying the detector out in the back garden, to get a good feel for it first. Get a good feel for the signals produced by small coins (pocket change on the grass?) and old rusty nails.
Then look online for old maps of the area where you live, there are quite a lot on old archiving websites. You can find old overgrown houses, cemeteries, wells, cattle paths etc. Think where people would have been walking around and dropping stuff.
Persevere with the bunker thing, I read a story online whilst searching for info no a local RAF bunker about how 18th century ice houses where used as arms caches for resistance fighters in-case we lost the war. Some kids found them, still sitting there, and the fun police took them all away. My friends dad hunts for ROC posts as a hobby, and found a guy hanging by his neck from the hatch inside! Sad He also found a machine gun which he sold to the Muckleburgh collection Big Grin Also, try Google maps to scope out an area first. I tried large blobs of woodland near my house, and saw what looked like a very low resolution chimney hole. When i biked there, I found a really creepy shack out of sight of the roads, as well as an upturned fiberglass boat in a small nearby lake. The shack looked like someone had fixed up the ruined shell of a keepers cottage with wood and iron sheeting. Inside was a table with mouldy sheets as a bed, and a fireplace with an old rusty saw....
Sorry for the all of text, hope that helps!
Nearly all the old bunkers are liosted in Duncan Campbells war plan UK, failing that the guys on the Sub Brit site have a huge archive of stuff
Bunkers, sheer bunkers!