Survival UK Forums

Full Version: Last Nights Panorama
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Twas about the desperation of those hurt most by the recession and the great bankers rips, Its clear that frustration among these ordinary decent people is now turning to anger.

Job centers with NO jobs
Kids now turning 20 and no being able to find a job
After both Tories and Labour wrecked the manuifacturing and industrial base of the UK in the lates 70s through the 90s some areas ( including this one where I live) saw nothing replace those thousands of jobs.

The imbalance in society is getting worse and its getting to tipping point. Every day people read of bankers bonuses, MPS cutting their working week, city traders spending £45,000 on ONE meal, ultra rich buying exotic country piles, etc, and compare it with the young girls walking twelve miles a day to visit the nearest jon center, people buying the cheapest foods they can afford, not being able to afford to do the basic maintenance on their homes, watch their children become a lost generation.

I think last summer the fuse was lit and if things dont improve BIG trouble will follow, and the governments response is always the same a hard crackdown on the protestors no matter how just their complaints.
I have also recently been chatting with some of the young people off this estate who i have watched grown from skinny 12 year olds to young adults, most , about 70 % of these kids did well at school and have at least 4 or 5 A levels, some have numerous A* passes and these are good kids from good backgrounds with honest deent hard working parents, and only 2 of the kids have managed to find any sort of work, both only part time in a cafe in Durham.

We are tossing aside our childrens future whilst the ruling elite, bankers, speculators, mps etc are laughing and ignoring the children who this countrys future depends upon.
(10 July 2012, 08:59)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]Twas about the desperation of those hurt most by the recession and the great bankers rips, Its clear that frustration among these ordinary decent people is now turning to anger.

Job centers with NO jobs
Kids now turning 20 and no being able to find a job
After both Tories and Labour wrecked the manuifacturing and industrial base of the UK in the lates 70s through the 90s some areas ( including this one where I live) saw nothing replace those thousands of jobs.

The imbalance in society is getting worse and its getting to tipping point. Every day people read of bankers bonuses, MPS cutting their working week, city traders spending £45,000 on ONE meal, ultra rich buying exotic country piles, etc, and compare it with the young girls walking twelve miles a day to visit the nearest jon center, people buying the cheapest foods they can afford, not being able to afford to do the basic maintenance on their homes, watch their children become a lost generation.

I think last summer the fuse was lit and if things dont improve BIG trouble will follow, and the governments response is always the same a hard crackdown on the protestors no matter how just their complaints.
I have also recently been chatting with some of the young people off this estate who i have watched grown from skinny 12 year olds to young adults, most , about 70 % of these kids did well at school and have at least 4 or 5 A levels, some have numerous A* passes and these are good kids from good backgrounds with honest deent hard working parents, and only 2 of the kids have managed to find any sort of work, both only part time in a cafe in Durham.

We are tossing aside our childrens future whilst the ruling elite, bankers, speculators, mps etc are laughing and ignoring the children who this countrys future depends upon.
that has been the case since the 80's, in the 90's the only people employers wanted were the 18-36 year old's, anyone over 40 was and still is on the scrap heap.
I suspect that if rioting breaks out again this summer it wont just be scum, ethnic thugs and yobs, I fear it will be much of the lost generation and ordinary people, and I know tories will have no qualms about having the blue bast... meanies from violently subduing the protests.
there is just enough time for preppers to get out of the cities (and stay out) before it all kicks off again.
(10 July 2012, 11:16)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]there is just enough time for preppers to get out of the cities (and stay out) before it all kicks off again.

I've learned the hard way mon ami that there very well may still be the TIME, but there is definately not the WILL among most, but there I go again being judgemental and I should not be. Good luck to them its their choice and I have to learn to respect that position.
(10 July 2012, 11:23)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(10 July 2012, 11:16)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]there is just enough time for preppers to get out of the cities (and stay out) before it all kicks off again.

I've learned the hard way mon ami that there very well may still be the TIME, but there is definately not the WILL among most, but there I go again being judgemental and I should not be. Good luck to them its their choice and I have to learn to respect that position.
i had a conversation about a year ago on another site with a guy who lived in London who would not or could not leave his area and go somewhere safer, and didnt see why he should leave his take away coffee, fast food joints, theatres and bars for something that he-personally- could never envisage happening, i just hope he and other people like him are right because they are in for one hell of a shock when TSHTF and it all comes tumbling down around their ears.
(10 July 2012, 11:45)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]

i had a conversation about a year ago on another site with a guy who lived in London who would not or could not leave his area and go somewhere safer, and didnt see why he should leave his take away coffee, fast food joints, theatres and bars for something that he-personally- could never envisage happening, i just hope he and other people like him are right because they are in for one hell of a shock when TSHTF and it all comes tumbling down around their ears.

Aye and providing his local gangs of ethnic yoof dont burn the whole street down
(10 July 2012, 11:49)NorthernRaider Wrote: [ -> ]
(10 July 2012, 11:45)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]

Aye and providing his local gangs of ethnic yoof dont burn the whole street down
Or stab him for walking on "their" turf!!
Nothing is going to happen yet.
The reason?
There is no one charismatic enough to lead a revolution.
Personally I'm all for a military coup.

Watching on bbc iplayer now. Frankly I'm skeptical, because in my experience there are plenty of jobs around, but maybe that's just my area or something.
Pages: 1 2