Survival UK Forums

Full Version: STATIC VISUAL INFO SHARING
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
We have a great text forum with SUK.NET, and theres some pretty good video subscriptions on You Tube W & C's being my current favourite. But I think some info can be best shard or pass on in graphic form like posters, charts, info graphics etc.

I know we can upload stuff to flickr but a lot of the stuff we find interesting as we seek knowledge is copyrighted, so often you just dare not copy it or link it to other preppers.

I have collected a few hundred interesting images / graphics/ charts etc over the years but I've yet to come across a good method of sharing them simply with others.
dropbox is a good utility for sharing files and images and music and anything pretty much, so is googles version...google files or some such

check out dropbox!

https://www.dropbox.com/

otherwise copyrighted things arent really a worry, so long as its not utilised for financial gain its pretty much fair game Smile...so you can share images to friends, but you cant use the image as a logo
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/37212962/675464...7141_z.jpg

thats how you share with drop box, nice n easy, just dragged and dropped the file in the folder, copied the public link and its all done, but im sure theres a way of making a group folder which we all have and can all use/make changes to :-)
i just checked and its really easy to make a collaborative folder in dropbox and let people use it!...took me all of 2 minutes to find out how Big Grin
oh and sharing folders is only if you got a persons email adress, so theres no chance of letting unknown sheeple into the folder!
This is the internet mate, it's the Somalian coast of copyright law. As long as you're not infringing on music or video rights you're fine.
With pics, as long as you don't edit out the watermark (if there is one), you're fine.
I imagine most of the stuff you're talking about are things people have put on the internet because they want them to be shared.

Oh, and Pinterest would be a decent way of sharing a bunch of pics without worrying about copyright. The whole site's one big copyright infringement so you'll just blend in with the 10+million other offenders. Internet greyman tactics Wink
too true theres nought to worry about, i edit watermarks out of images all the time and use them for various things, some i share, some i dont, no one notices or cares Tongue