Survival UK Forums

Full Version: If you had to visit a city where........
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If you found you needed to go into a city to buy something or do something that cannot be done online or in your rural areas where do you think you would probably blend in the most.

I'm thinking that for the under 40s dressed casually with a GHB or EDC bag you would prolly go almost unnoticed in university cities and towns during term time. I note that Durham ( just about all of it) and the areas around Newcastle, Sunderland and Teesside university campuses that almost everyone is wearing a rucksack or shoulder bag and nearly every bicycle has luggage of some sort fitted.
Older preppers whose physical appearance is not condusive to bimbling around university towns with bags ( Like me and BP) We could put a GHB into a Cordura / Nylon briefacse or a Bikers nylon crash helmet should bag ??.

I still would not go into London, Brum or Liverpool type places.
got a manbag...a bit like Neil Oliver has on Coast...with a Cannabis leaf on it, its what i use at car boots so would prob use that, or i've got a dark cheepo backpack which wouldnt be noticed.
I'm in my early 30s and look "normal" I think. Though I was told I looked like a terrorist by my friend who works at a game shop the other day. I had a leather jacket on in the heat, a cap and shades and I hadnt shaved. My town is a university town though is yes it's easy to blend.
I have no choice I have to go Hornsey London for the best half of this year from August, that’s through Edmonton/Tottenham/Woodgreen/ all the great areas of diversity, it will be like a world tour a free holiday, stabbed/shot just went up 10 fold.

As for EDC I will go with what you wear fill pockets and not carry any bag.
City problems is right but this is how daft it is.
Carrying frozen stuff in a backpack SWMBO and I were stopped as there had been a break in.
It took a while before the two plods actually admitted that the till receipt accounted for all we were carrying.
It was probably the 3 pack of pizzas that got them suspicious.
(17 July 2012, 14:41)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]City problems is right but this is how daft it is.
Carrying frozen stuff in a backpack SWMBO and I were stopped as there had been a break in.
It took a while before the two plods actually admitted that the till receipt accounted for all we were carrying.
It was probably the 3 pack of pizzas that got them suspicious.

typical stupid plod! i expect you showed them the till receipt straight off-right? the Police must be really scraping the barrel!
Yep, in seconds.
Funny bit was I was on sticks too and as for the SWMBO climbing in and out of a house window for a 3 pack of pizzas? I think not.
(17 July 2012, 14:51)Paul Wrote: [ -> ]Yep, in seconds.
Funny bit was I was on sticks too and as for the SWMBO climbing in and out of a house window for a 3 pack of pizzas? I think not.
the last time i was stopped..in Plymouth about 20 years ago now...about 3am...going home from (ahem) a young ladies house....i wasnt searched..thankfully...if i was they would have found a large sheath knife in my inside pocket!!Big Grin

I think women have a better time of this because of a natural extension... the handbag. Mine just happens to be bigger than most...lol