Survival UK Forums

Full Version: compact and very accurate sniper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
so ive been looking into getting a fac because i've always loved firearms and would like to take up target shooting and deer stalking, and ive found my dream sniper rifle!

[Image: Desert_Tactical_Arms_DTA_Stealth_Recon_S...ifle_5.jpg]

as you can see its the same size as an mp5 and can easily get an 11 inch grouping from 1080 yards, everything ive seen from this rifle has been nothing short of amazing, not only does this rifle have amazing accuracy and range, but you can change the calibre in 60 seconds!!

you can use all these different calibres;
.308 Winchester (22" or 26" Barrel)
.260 Remington
6.5x47 Lapua
7mm Winchester Short Mag
.300 Winchester Magnum
.338 Norma Magnum
.338 Lapua Magnum

and not only is it quick and easy to change the calibre but the rifle stays zeroed! so no more buying multiple rifles optics and suppressors, 1 set with some extra barrels and bolts and your done Big Grin

so heres some more information!

http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/guns/p...assis.html

http://www.gunmart.net/gun_review/desert...rs_covert/

http://ukvarminting.com/forums/index.php...opic=12996

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jHtHE_ukpug

although its an expensive rifle, it really looks and sounds worth it from everything i've read, and it fits easily in a BOB, making it not only a great target and hunting rifle but a great choice for your BOP (Bug Out Protection)

hope you guys like it as much as i do Big Grin
[Image: Desert_Tactical_Arms_DTA_Stealth_Recon_S...ifle_5.jpg]
[Image: photo.jpg]
there's also a less compact version about the size of an m4

http://www.deserttacticalarms.com/guns/p...assis.html

[Image: 7f3c9c0eaa.jpg]
Rather have the MP5 or MP5K
my answer to this is always the same, i dont want an FAC because that brings me onto Plod's radar.
(19 July 2012, 08:58)bigpaul Wrote: [ -> ]my answer to this is always the same, i dont want an FAC because that brings me onto Plod's radar.

very true BP mate and i wood prob shot my self in the foot with itSmile
YUp BP your right that why I gave up my liences many years ago.
Never personally seen the need for very long distance weapons as a prepper, 99% of my shooting will I reckon be under 300 yards, vermin control, small critter hunting, security etc and a 9MM carbine would more than do for my simple needs.
Of the four weapons shown only the MP5 can be closed up and hidden inside your coat or in a small rucksack.
an air rifle or a bow and arrow will be sufficient for my needs, will mostly be hunting and vermin control at 30-35 metres.
Looking at the calibres it'll be a long time before you would get one like this anyway.

Got to start small and work your way up unless you have a smuggler friend and are willing to go outside the law.
(19 July 2012, 12:46)Skean Dhude Wrote: [ -> ]Looking at the calibres it'll be a long time before you would get one like this anyway.

Got to start small and work your way up unless you have a smuggler friend and are willing to go outside the law.

Hey if anyone wants to treat me to a Ruger 10/ 22 I'll be content with that for decades, NR and Carbines are are combination made in heaven, Its the one and only aspect of survivalism I'm utterly confident in.
Was there a general question about wether one should have an FAC or not? - I didnt see it in the text. Why do we always get a rush of the same mantra when any post is put up about technicalities of firearms?

So for any knife post this would read - Knives?? ooh knives mate - you don't wanna go there - thems dangerous things them knives. people and knives dont mix - just look at all them stabbings every year (vastly more than gun deaths).. no no, I done away with knives years ago. Just buying one online or in a shop can get you noticed and on a list. Then also in an argument, youre more likely to stab someone, etc etc etc.. -- repeat for every knife post --

It would be easier to just have one thread that raised these various points of view and then would be there for others to read our personal info & advice, rather than constantly posting the same quotes when any firearms query comes up. This approach just takes us round and round in repetively tedious circles.

Hrusai - that firearm is not in any way a sniper rifle. It is a carbine in short and normal lengths. Treat all you read with suspicion and read widely anything you wish to research. Forums are a good place to build up a general concensus picture of the realities of any item of kit.

As for calibres - I do not remember any issue with or direction that guides you to only be able to have small calibres when applying for a firearms licence. The calibres you wish to apply for need to be justified as to why you need or wish to shoot that calibre of firearm. I would definitely stay away from modern military style firearms to start with as this may raise authorities & clubs concerns in your early licence holding period.

Hey Nr, how are you going to keep a gifted Ruger 10/22, seeing as you gave up your licences years ago?

This is all IMO, so feel fit to disregard what you wish :-)TL
yeah dude it is a sniper rifle, not a carbine, do some research ive read a hell of alot, seen videos of its actual performance and general consensus has been the same wherever ive looked, through dozens of threads, videos and reviews Tongue

show me a carbine that can shoot a man sized target aaccurately at a kilometre away Tongue...and ive seen it fire alot fire further

and i know im not gonna be getting one of these for a while, start off with a .22 work my way up to this Smile

also yeah i didnt mention wether i should get a fac Tongue the point of getting one is so i can be within the law, if i wanted an mp5 or a 9mm carbine like NR suggested i would go out and buy some, but i dont want to break the law, so i shan't.....and tbph you'd need to be pretty connected to get that sort of shit....which i doubt you are Tongue not to mention the whole if you got caught you'd get totally fucked over by the police, branded a terrorist and all sorts of other shit. just cause we dislike the government dont mean we gotta give them reason to fuck us over Tongue
Pages: 1 2